June Starters - November 30th

Options

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    I really do love this group. And I LOVE that you are all seeing losses this week! You guys are an inspiration. I'm determined to see a loss the week of Christmas. :bigsmile:

I can't believe that December is here already. Look at all of us... sixth months and still going strong! Pat yourself on the backs ladies we're doing it! Next June we'll all be that much closer to our goals, or already there.

And btw, I've said it before but the spread sheet is a life saver. Even when I'm feeling down about maintaining or gaining, I can look at the spreadsheet and see that I AM losing. I average out at 1.5 pounds a week, which is good. Even if some weeks I slip up, thanks to you guys (and the wonderous spreadsheet) I just keep getting right back up, dusting myself (and my digital kitchen scale) off and climb back up on the wagon with ya'll.

I feel the same way about the Spreadsheet! When i get annoyed with it all and I want to give up I go check the ss to remind myself just how far I've come. :smile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    SW 176.5
    LW 146.4
    CW 148.2:embarassed:

A week of birthday, boat cruises, two Thanksgivings.....No one's fault but my own:frown:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Good work everyone! I'm so glad I am a part of this group on days that I lose but even more so on days when I stay the same or gain. You all are so supportive. Love you!

Now to the weigh in...
    LW: 189.5
    CW: 189.0

I think a half pound is realistic since I literally did not stop eating for about 48 hours over the holiday. :blushing:

CONGRATS ON THE .5 lb!!! I think any loss over the holiday weekend (for those of us in the STATES) is a GREAT accomplishment :happy:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great week so far! Amanda, I laughed when you said, "the cheesecake is gone." I feel this way too; I had this piece of pecan pie and I just decided to eat it and get it over with, that way I wouldn't have to look at it anymore or be tempted by it :laugh:

Congrats to everyone as well! Looks like we showed those foods who's boss!

LW: 154.5
    CW: 153
    GW: 140

I weighed in at 151.5 on Monday and thought it was a fluke, so I dunno. Then I weighed 152.5 yesterday. I'm gonna keep 153 because I always go with what I get on weigh-in day...maybe I'll have a nice big loss next week! Either way, I am just happy that the scale went down considering how horribly I ate all of Thanksgiving break!

Yay for the loss, Courtney!! I didn't eat well Thanksgiving either, but I tried to make up for it!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I really do love this group. And I LOVE that you are all seeing losses this week! You guys are an inspiration. I'm determined to see a loss the week of Christmas. :bigsmile:

I can't believe that December is here already. Look at all of us... sixth months and still going strong! Pat yourself on the backs ladies we're doing it! Next June we'll all be that much closer to our goals, or already there.

And btw, I've said it before but the spread sheet is a life saver. Even when I'm feeling down about maintaining or gaining, I can look at the spreadsheet and see that I AM losing. I average out at 1.5 pounds a week, which is good. Even if some weeks I slip up, thanks to you guys (and the wonderous spreadsheet) I just keep getting right back up, dusting myself (and my digital kitchen scale) off and climb back up on the wagon with ya'll.

I LOVE JUNE STARTERS, TOO!!!! :heart:
    I can't believe it has already been 6 months!! It really helps having such an awesome support group!!!
    You're doing awesome! Love your attitude!! :drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say....:heart::heart: :heart: you girls!!! You are amazing and keep me going when I feel like giving up! I think if I didn't have this group to be accountable to I would have given up a long time ago b/c I would think I could do it on my own...I would rather do it with you all by my side! :flowerforyou:
  • Meags23
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! I was thinking of you all, and thought I'd check in. I'm so proud of you all. I've have been so stressed and busy, but my final school term is coming to an end!! So I'm hoping to be back soon. Congrats on all the fantastic losses!!!
    -Meags
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Just wanted to say....:heart::heart: :heart: you girls!!! You are amazing and keep me going when I feel like giving up! I think if I didn't have this group to be accountable to I would have given up a long time ago b/c I would think I could do it on my own...I would rather do it with you all by my side! :flowerforyou:

I feel exactly the same way... When amandadaisylotus pointed out that it has been 6 months, I was like "WOW! I have stuck with it this long"?!!! And I really have to say it is because of JUNE STARTERS. I have never stayed with anything this long!
    Thank you gals!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! I was thinking of you all, and thought I'd check in. I'm so proud of you all. I've have been so stressed and busy, but my final school term is coming to an end!! So I'm hoping to be back soon. Congrats on all the fantastic losses!!!
    -Meags

Hey, Meags!!! We have missed you TERRIBLY!!! So glad that your school term is coming to a close!! Woo Hoo!!! I bet you can't wait!! Good luck!!! :drinker:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Alright girls!!!

SW- 195
    LW- 162.9
    CW- 164!! :grumble:

I'm not too upset, I think it's water weight. I cheated and checked my weight on the gym scale Tuesday and it said I stayed the same but when I logged yest. cals in this morning I was WAY under cals and WAAAAAY OVER sodium. (Stupid turkey sausages!!)

It looks like about 5 of us have had gains this week. I'm only pointing this out because 5 of us had the courage to come and report our gains. We freaking rock! June Starters is the only place I feel like I can show a gain and not be discouraged.

Next weeks weigh in will be GREAT! For all of us!!

Congrats to the losers! And congrats to those that gained for sticking with this!!

Lets all try to remember even if we gain during the holidays, we're no where near where we started 6 months ago!! Physically OR mentally!! We need to remember this is a LIFE CHANGE! We cannot go our entire lives without enjoying the holidays a little as long as we get right back on track!

Let's go Team JS!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I just wanted to share a little something ...

I have really been MINDFUL of my eathing habits.... AND I seem to get seconds A LOT of the times...
    So, this whole week, I have resisted the urge to get a second helping of whatever we are eating. I never FILL my plate up, but the first plate is still plenty... Anyway, what I am excited about is that I am gettting fuller faster. I guess the stories you hear of your "stomach shrinking" is pretty accurate. I have been eating smaller portions and not going back for seconds...in the beginning, it was kind of hard to reisist... not because I was HUNGRY, but because everyone else was still eating and it just seemed like I should be to :laugh: As CRAZY as that sounds, that is the only logic I can put to it.
    Anyway, I have noticed that a NORMAL portion of something else that I would normally eat seems to be TOO MUCH these days. I'm excited because it makes EATING LESS that much EASIER!!
    I'm not sure if this will help any of you gals, but I wanted to throw it out there to ya :wink: It has definitely helped me
  • kandyjo
    Options
    We were doing challenges there for a while and we sort of slacked off on that... myself included :embarassed:
    How 'bout we start back on our challenges?!! What do you say?
    Here are some ideas... you guys decided what you want to do....

Eating Challenge:
    Breakfast = make sure you get your breakfast in every morning

Eat three meals a day with two snacks in between = schedule our meals and snacks (works well for some people)

Workout Challenge:

Workout at least 5x/week (30 min - 60 min/ day)

C25K ...for those of you who want to do this... we could start it at W1 D1 and all do it together... check our progress each week when we weigh-in... Our very own D has been very successful with this... I'm starting it again anyway, but thought it might be a fun challenge...

?? Any other ideas you may have... ??
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I think the 3 meals w/2 snacks is a good idea. And I am very interested in doing C25K with all of you...it would keep me motivated for sure. My time is limited, but I could fit it in if it's not very long per day. I have a friend who is pretty far progressed into it and it's just 25 minutes for her so I think I can do it....let's do it!!!! Who's in? and what website/plan to use?
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I would be on board with the 3 meals 2 snack challenge. I would love to do the C25K, but I think I would like to try that in the spring. I really am a wimp about the cold and although it is fairly mild still I know any day our snow and ice will be here so I am going to pass on that one. I asked for the 30 shred for Christmas, not sure if I will get it but if not I want to buy it after Christmas. Anyone else that would like to do a challenge in January for that it would certainly help me to get motivated to do it, I am "Monica" (from friends) competitive. Its a sickness, but I LOVE a challenge.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    The only problem with C25K is that I'm REALLY out of shape and I can't even do day one!!!!! Ack. I wouldn't mind trying to do it with some break time inserted. It would take me longer than most of you to do it (more than 25 minutes) but I'm coming up with some time soon, and I really do want to try. The Biggest Loser Marathon really inspired me to get back up and do it. :)

And I DEFINITELY need to start planning meals ahead of time. Lucky for me, I start watching the 4 year old I "boy"sit at noon in january... I'll be providing lunch for him and came up with a good idea to get him involved in the food (he's not picky but he throws random, "I don't like that" tantrums), and also make it so I can plan ahead.

He gets to choose what we eat the whole week on fridays. That way he knows, i know, his parents know, etc. And I can plan my lunches that way. It will be easier to plan dinner if I know what I'm going to have for lunch, etc etc etc.
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hmm, I like all the challange ideas but the only one I could maybe push myself to do it w/o 5 times a week. I can only eat on my breaks and so i can't snack and I'm WAY too much of a wuss for c2k. Maybe in the spring. lol
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hmmm ... I like the challenge idea too ... exercising 5 times a week ... I like that one.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    How about we say 5 days a week for 30 minutes. It is my favorite of the fitness challenges too. Maybe once everyone gets moving a little more we could do 45-60 minutes for another challenge. Just an idea...
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Datenshi ~ Congrats on the pound! It is probably a good idea to give yourself a mental break after your C25K... I am really impressed that you stuck with it and you have been such an encouragement with your losses! WOW!!! YOu have really inspired me in weight loss and to get back going with the C25K program!

KandyJo you are one of the sweetest and sincerest people I have had the pleasure of meeting on MFP. Your encouragement and the encouragement of everyone is what keeps me going and able to do what I am doing. I wouldn't have the willpower without all of you inspiring me.

Big congrats on your 2 lb loss this week especially weighing in a day early. *hugs*

Take care,
    T
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Lets all try to remember even if we gain during the holidays, we're no where near where we started 6 months ago!! Physically OR mentally!! We need to remember this is a LIFE CHANGE! We cannot go our entire lives without enjoying the holidays a little as long as we get right back on track!

Let's go Team JS!!!!

That is a really wonderful and insightful way of looking at it and you are definitely right about it.

Take care,
    T