A brilliant idea

Options
sparklelioness
sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
(if i do say so myself) :p

I was looking for a decent light salad dressing, since ive been upping my greens quotient signifigantly lately... I got some Walden Farms calorie free honey dijon dressing, and it tasted okaaay, but not that great. The light Kraft honey dijon is still 60 calories for two Tbs, which although it tastes good, is just a bit too much for me to fit into my meals on a regular basis. Then i had the brilliant idea- what if i mixed them together? It would halve the calories. I tried it- half Newmans, half Kraft lite, and it was really good. A half n half mix cuts cals to 30 for 2 Tbs, which is much more doable.

Then i remembered i'd bought the walden farms chocolate sauce, which similarly tasted okay but just not that great. Now i'm thinking what to cut that with to make it taste better :). I'm not sure if i should use hersheys syrup or just some straight up cocoa powder. Really tho, the possibilities are endless-Walden farms makes caramel sauce, bbq sauce, ect. Instead of eating full calorie dressings and messing up my numbers, or eating the walden farms and being disappointed in the taste, i can mix them and have a good tasting sauce for a decent amount of calories. I mean, who cant fit in 15-30 cals into a meal?

Anyway, i hope this idea helps someone else-i'm just like-why didnt i think of that before? If you have any good concoctions of lite or no calorie and reg calorie stuff, pls let me know.

One more thing-i know not everyone agrees with eating walden farms stuff. For me, ive checked them out and feel ok with eating it. My diet has done a 180 from what i ate six mos ago. If WF helps me do that, i see no problem, especially since ive checked out the ingredients and am ok with them :)

Replies

• Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do that with my coffee creamer. 1 tablespoon full fat amaretto, 1 tablespoon fat free half and half.