Night sweats

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurenLite
    Options
    All of my blood panels have come back ok so far (except for my white count which is super low and we're looking into that). I'm NOT menopausal (33 years old, though possible, not likely) and they're definitely night sweats- several times throughout the night I'll wake up drenched (like, use the hairdryer to dry the bed and clothes drenched). Ah well, hopefully it will pass, too bad it doesn't burn cals tho. LOL
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was getting night sweats until I purchased a cooling mattress pad that pulls heat away from the body. They aren't cheap but I haven't had a night of sweats since.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Well, its nice to know I'm not the only one... But it sucks to think I gotta go see a doc about it. I'll be 36 in October, and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm clothed or naked, have heavy blanket or no blanket. Use a fan or not. If I am comfy in temp enough to sleep, il often wake up with my shirt or sheets drenched. I have had to change my shirt midway through the night.

I heat up like a blast furnace about ten mins after I'm in bed. I can be freezing cold with ice pop feet, and after I am laying down for a few mins, my body gets so hot that I start to sweat. When I was married, my husband used to say that he had to be in bed before me or at the same time, because if he joined me after I was asleep, I was so hot he had to sleep on the edge of the bed.

I still like to think it has something to do with my metabolism, and not a scary health issue!