HOW SHOULD I HAVE MY SETTINGS & GOALS TO BE SUCCESSFUL?

I THINK MY NUTRITION GOALS AND EXERCISE GOALS WERE AUTOMATICALLY SET FOR ME BY MFP... THEY ARE NOT WORKING FOR ME. I AM NOT LOSING THE WEIGHT OR INCHES THAT I WANT OR NEED. PLEASE HELP. HERE IS SOME INFO ABOUT ME:

AGE 23
WEIGHT 273
HEIGHT 5*3
USUAL EXERCISE ROUTINE: 45-60 MIIN OF LOW TO MODERATE IMPACT AEROBICS /5 DAYS A WEEK

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    I'd think about working on my diet a bit and be sure to enter everything you eat. It looks like you're way under your calories on some days and you may just not be filling it out completely. Try to eat less processed food. More salads, veggie and lean protien. Less processed stuff. You can do it.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    I THINK MY NUTRITION GOALS AND EXERCISE GOALS WERE AUTOMATICALLY SET FOR ME BY MFP... THEY ARE NOT WORKING FOR ME. I AM NOT LOSING THE WEIGHT OR INCHES THAT I WANT OR NEED. PLEASE HELP. HERE IS SOME INFO ABOUT ME:

AGE 23
    WEIGHT 273
    HEIGHT 5*3
    USUAL EXERCISE ROUTINE: 45-60 MIIN OF LOW TO MODERATE IMPACT AEROBICS /5 DAYS A WEEK

Check out this thread...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

:flowerforyou:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Pizza hut, white bread, and Mac and cheese all in one day, and not a fruit or veggie in siight. It also seems that you are not logging consistently,, and that is the key to using MFP. (in fact, logging food using any platform, or a journal, has been shown to help people stay on track) but you have to log everything. You have to log it all, be honest with yourself, and then look at things to change. You need to get away from so many processed foods, add lean meats or other protein, add lots of veggies, and some fruit. Stay away from empty calories... For example so far today you logged Only tortilla chips. Those calories give you almost no nutrition. You are guaranteed to be hungry soon. You need protein and some good fat to ward off hunger.

Edit to add: while exercise is so very important, from a weight loss persective, most of your results will come from better eating habits.