Insanity part of our grade in gym class.

Options
Due to an awkward August birthday I'm one of the only 18 year olds who has yet to graduate school. My senior year starts in a couple of days and this year instead of regular gym, they offered a class called wellness. They said that in wellness that you would set fitness goals and are to be graded on how well you reach them. In the 80 minute block, you do some form of cardio (bleacher runs, treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, and bikes) and weight training tailored to help you reach you'r goal but there is also a pilates unit, yoga unit, a couple of weeks where they are renting spin bikes, and bootcamp-esque fitness days (ropes course!!!) I was talking to the teacher and the first marking period we are completing insanity as a class!! This is seriously going to be my favorite class. If they want to combat childhood obesity then they should make gym classes like this in all schools.

Replies

• Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I went to a very small high school (my graduating class was 82 kids) so we never had options like that! I would LOVE it! Only bad part is you'll be mega sweaty and pretty much be forced to shower before you go to your next class!