SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! Nov 30

Options
Good morning!
I'm trying to get back on track this morning. I've logged all my food for the day. Still a little higher on carbs than I want but it's better. Just because I want to have a corn muffin later with dinner. :huh: Other wise I think it looks pretty good. I need to get back to have a fruit and veggie at each meal.
Window estimate guy should be here within the hour, I hope. I need to get to the store since we have no food to eat. (A good thing right? :wink: ) I plan to get taebo in this afternoon and watch the Biggest Loser from last week. This is when I wish I had a treadmill!
My plan for the week is to work out at least 3X and walk with DH in the evenings if we have time. I am going to also do my best to avoid desserts the rest of the month except on 2 (I think that's it) occasions. Although tonight I'm throwing in a smoothie to get my protein up. Does that count?
I'd better get the kitchen cleaned up before the window guy comes. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one to struggle with desserts over the weekend. At least you all had enough self-control to be able to list what you had! I'm blaming it on AF. :tongue: Not really.
Brrr boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    About four weeks until the next major holiday. Weight loss is slow, the passage of time is quick.

Today I need to get Christmas wrap down and organized, plan my December, go to yoga, run a few errands, walk on treadmill, and plan my yoga classes for the month.

I've decided on my New Year's Resolution: 52 new meals throughout the year (so I'm not rigidly doing one a week, but that's the aim). I completed all my resolutions from this year yesterday. It's funny, I couldn't remember what my last one was - then in the really, really, hard yoga class yesterday, I remembered while doing it - eight angle pose - thanks to V for putting that in my head.

I was in a video from yesterday's class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX_Qmmw1n0U - I'm at 2:20 doing a touch the feet to head back bend with assist - teacher is on the right. There are some really advanced poses in this video. Also, if you want to see how these crazy yogis learn to do scorpion, see the blog: http://www.christinasell.blogspot.com/

Better get busy, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Mary, that looks like an awesome sweaty and crowded class. I'm always amazed a the difference a really crowded class makes. There's something about the forced intimacy of being sweaty next to another person that is both very cool and very intimidating for me. You are so strong and bendy.

Just attempted a JM DVD and had to stop due to worse pain in my (pulled? strained?) muscle. There's a bit of soreness in the other leg, but this is on the left leg, on the front of my leg halfway up between my knee and hip. Something in the quad. Hurts bad. I'm going to my osteopath to see if he wants to send me to the "real doc". I may try to do some upper body strength training (I did a surprising amount of the dvd, then tried to do mountain climbers and wham). There were tears. Of pain and frustration. I feel like my body just won't let me push it, and I have, as I tearfully told my husband "goals I'll never reach". Not very positive, but that's the heart of my frustration. I don't know if letting go of those goals is the key, or continuing to push is the key.

So, I'm thinking about the new year, too. I'm just stumped. I know that whatever hurt this is, it started with the new sprint protocol I tried (part of my push it harder but for shorter periods of time try-out). I can honestly say that when it comes to exercise right now, I don't know what to do. Blergh.

So, my positive goals for the week are:

1. No refined sugar of any kind, all week (I can make a dessert with other, non-refined sugar or dates if I find I want it)
    2. One meal of all veg (or fruit) a day, and a veg (or fruit) with every meal.
    3. Keeping on with the gratitude daily check-in.

For today, I'm grateful for you pebbs (that I can express frustration to) and that my osteo had an opening today, and his office is right across the street.

Brick wall boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Just got back from the doc, and it's a "muscle strain" of the lots- of-latin- words-I-forgot section of my quad. (I can't remember which of the four muscles of the quad he said. . .). He said to use ice, but to continue to exercise. It would appear that nothing is torn (couldn't walk on it if it was) and I should only avoid stuff that really hurts. So, I guess I'll be walking and yogaing, but not squatting or sprinting for a couple of weeks. Ah, well, I guess two steps forward and one back is better than one forward and two back.:tongue:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to check out the video later when I get home, Mary - you are very inspiring!

Good job getting back on track, MM. That's my plan as well. I'm not in such bad shape, but I do have some ice cream in the freezer that I'm not sure how I'm going to dispose of. Otherwise, so far, so good - I'm surprised that I'm not really having sugar cravings. I guess it helps that I only had desserts, and not all the other sugar I used to eat (in coffee, cereal, etc.) I have a work-related dinner tonight, but I'm hoping I can at least do some DDR and pushups when I get home.

V, really take it easy on the leg. When I have pulled muscles recently (the latest in my chest), it has taken a couple of weeks to recover - working through it doesn't help. (And, by the way, I despise mountain climbers. :wink:) I completely understand what you mean about that feeling of "goals I'll never reach", though. Does it help when the goals are behavior-related (like eating your veggies) rather than results-oriented (like a number on a scale or a particular speed)?

For the week, I want to get in 3 workouts besides my walking and dance class. And only one or maybe no desserts - none until the weekend.
    For today, my main goal is not getting the Pittsburgh sandwich at the BBQ place we are going for my work thing (believe it or not, they have a lot of vegetarian options) - it is like a whole plate of food (portobello or lentil burger, cheese, mustard coleslaw, and french fries!) on a grilled sandwich. Normally I don't like greasy food, but it's really tasty! :embarrassed: But I think my system has had enough "treats" lately.

Back to life boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :yawn:
    December already? I'm not ready!
    AF came full force so today may be a day off. I'll have to see how I am feeling this afternoon. Right now I feel like I need a nap. The dryer vent guys are coming today as long as it doesn't rain. I will be glad to have that fixed.

Yesterday I managed 45 min. of Tae Bo, and we also walked briskly for about 30 min. last night. I didn't do so well on my eating though. I'm gonna have to quit making such good food. I like it too much! :blushing: I really need to work out today since I am having a high carb day due to fruit and leftover cornbread and soup.

22 more days and we will have news on the adoption I hope!

I have another question for you all. Yesterday, after working out, I had like 300 cals leftover for the day. I wasn't hungry. Should I eat them or not? This seems like a beginner question. lol. I should know the answer to this. I feel like I ate a lot yesterday yet I didn't go over on my cals.
    My stomach is talking to me this morning though.

Laying around boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    MM - no idea anymore - really. If you train yourself to only eat when you're hungry - I think that's the way to go - at the same time, allowing yourself to go over when you are hungry as well.
    CP - I agree, goals shouldn't be "end" orientated. I have a much harder time staying motivated when I say: I will do a freestanding handstand, then I will practice handstands three times a week.
    V- enjoy the gentleness

I spent most of yesterday printing out address labels for Christmas cards that we don't even have yet. I'm used to using a program that we no longer have, so most of the time was figuring out the program. Husband said he would try to come up with something creative for the cards, but time is short. I need to write down a list of things I need to do to get ready for gift wrapping season. It's a bunch of things that don't take that long by themselves, but add up to stress.

Today - more walking and yoga. The cold has come (at least for this week). Enough that we need a jacket :wink: There's a bike ride this weekend - but a high of 55, may scare us away (much colder on a bike).

Working on goals, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hi pebbs,

My leg feels considerably looser/better this am, so the goal of the day is to not push it. The sun is out, so I'm thinking about a walk, followed by an upper body workout. This points out to me how much I need all my muscles. That's good, I guess that my "whole body" exercises are just that.

Yeah, I've definitely discovered that "end goals" are no good for me, because I set the end bar very high. It's something I'm working on.

Other than that, today is the day I have to start working on my Spanish (for my super-terrifying translation exam, one of two) and organizing how to approach the next major project.

Moving forward boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    MM, in general, I guess I tend to lean towards not eating when you're not hungry. The exceptions to this would be:
    1 - if you are trying to built/change a habit (like eating breakfast in the morning if you never used to eat breakfast)
    2 - if you are eating less than 1200 calories
    3 - if you are stuck on a plateau and find that you are consistently eating less than recommended amount

Cornbread and soup sounds good.
    Mary, we got snow this morning!

I was feeling really depressed last night, and I don't know why. I just found myself stuffing my face for no reason (at least, no reason related to actual hunger), and completely unmotivated to do my cardio workout or pushups. Malaise, ennui, delayed stress reaction to family issues... I'm not really sure. I have dance class tonight and am hoping that I can keep my head screwed on for the rest of the evening and do my pushups.

Trying to stay positive boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Thanks CP. My problem comes when I burn about 500 cals and my cal goal is set at 1300. I then usually leave 300 or so cals at the end of the day because I'm too full to eat more. So technically I am eating below 1200 cals.
    Still not feeling great today, so I don't know if I will work out or not. It's 36 degrees outside and snowing! But that doesn't make me want to get out either. lol. I am going to take Alex to horse therapy but that may be it. I just want to curl up under a blanket and watch movies. Poor Alex. He's been so bored the last couple of days. I should do something with him today.
    Have a good day everyone!
    Staying warm boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I'll have to say goodbye to all my flowers tomorrow. Our first hard freeze is coming. Chance of snow on Friday - yikes that's yoga day. Just for those that have never been to South Texas during a, um, winter event - the entire city shuts down - we don't have snow plows or salt trucks - sometimes they put sand on the roads - just to make sure they stay a little slippery once the ice goes away. Oh, we usually get ice, then snow. I think they are just predicting snow this time - which would be weird for this area. Sometimes you see Texas sledding - a 4x4 truck with a rope towing a few crazy people on cardboard or tennis shoes.

Anyway, didn't get yoga in yesterday - had a disaster in the kitchen. I was making perogies for all my parent's Christmas parties (potato and cheese stuffed dumpling, which is usually then fried) - these buggers are time consuming - like 4 hours for a batch of a couple dozen. I was waiting for the water to boil and stacking them on a plate as I made them. Well, that was a bad idea. They turned into 1 big perogy, after the first dozen. The wet dough melded together. So, today I get to make them again :frown:

Today - if I get myself in gear - go to yoga and get a walk in - or do yoga at home. Got a DVD from the library, so that should be fun.

Baby, it's cold outside, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    How is it that TEXAS is getting snow before Toronto? We had our first snow free November in (depending on the sources) 160 years. I hate to say it, but I'm ready for some snow. Or winter. Or both. (I know I will regret all of those statements in February, when I'm buried). Mary, we had snow twice in Orlando, and one time the solution that law enforcement used was kitty litter on the bridges (we had nearly six inches. . .it was a nightmare. I think that was Christmas eve 1989, actually)

Today, I'm planning on My "yoga for flexibility" dvd. I managed a short walk yesterday, but I'm just really, really tight. (muscles are over-compensating for pain in another muscle, maybe?) I think flexibility training should be up for today. I'm going to finish typing this and then go do it. I'm on the verge of total slackerhood due to this muscle issue. I need to snap out of it. I think I'm still coping with the fact/idea that I'm sort of "finished" with my weight loss goal (even a year later) and need to concentrate on the last little bit of body fat removal to go "all the way". But "all the way" is extreme exercising, and sometimes I feel like my body says "no" to that. So, healthy and happy and a bit squishy? I don't know. . .the struggle continues.

Also on for today: project work, Spanish practice, a manicure and choir practice (my first one at my husband's church. . .I'm actually a bit nervous).

Broken record boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    You know, this week is just not happening for me. I went to dance class last night, but I didn't manage to do my pushups. Then, tonight, I didn't get home from work until 7:30. I'm on my second glass of wine and I am just done. I'm watching SYTYCD and Glee and going to bed. So there!

:tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, this week isn't happening for me either.
    V, I can't believe you haven't gotten any snow this year! My family lives in San Antonio and I think they are in shock that there's a 70% chance of snow on Friday for them. Everything will shut down for at least two days. My sister wishes it was on Monday so she wouldn't have to work for a couple of days. :tongue: We did get a little yesterday morning but it was over pretty quick. Sun was out by 10:30.
    Mary, how did the perogies turn out? Sorry the first batch "botched". :wink:
    Well, yesterday was a horrible day. My hormones got the best of me and I had a good (?) cry. Alex fell apart when we got to horse therapy, so he didn't get to ride. He brought me to tears then I was embarrassed because I was crying too. Darn AF! I am a little afraid of taking Alex to the store this morning. He threw a fit on Monday when I took him and he threw a fit yesterday. Maybe he's not so unusual but it makes me want to hurt him. :explode: :laugh: I wouldn't but I have thought about it. So hopefully today will go better. My eating has also been less than wonderful. Especially yesterday. All I wanted was chocolate.
    Goals for today: drink lots of water, exercise, go to the store, and no crying!
    It's 33 degrees outside this morning. Honestly, I don't like it. That's why I live in Texas. Fewer cold days. :smile:
    Cold boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Yep, still snow comin'. I hate not knowing if I'm going to teach tomorrow or not - mostly I don't like the thought of going all the way down there, just to have class canceled, or worse yet, to have a treacherous ride home.

It's been a stressful week for me. Not going to make it to yoga again today because I lost a filling yesterday - right before the cooking class. The class was great though - and, counting blessings, the dentist did get me an appointment today. The cooking class should have been called "vegetarian cooking with cream and butter.":laugh:

My hard teacher will be gone for the next two weeks as well - then it's the week before Christmas. Going to be tough to get one of her classes in. I should put it on my calendar (done!). My regular teacher is leaving the 16th and will be gone most of Christmas break as well - I'm teaching most of her classes though.

So today: gym? and yoga practice at home. I got a new video from the library, should try it out.

Deal with stress or it will deal with you, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    So, in a weird attempt to change up my exercise schedule and be more comfortable with unpredictability, I have created a bunch of little slips of paper with different workouts on them (ranging from super hard core to a short walk followed by a meditation session) that I pull out of a jar. I pulled this one out this morning: "weights". So, I'm going to do my JM "No More Trouble Zones" DVD. The leg feels almost normal today, so I'll just have to watch for it. There's a particular exercise on that one called a "surrender" which is just super hard. I'll either have to drop the weights or skip it.

Then, it's Spanish practice, reading my overview book for my new project topic (actually pretty enjoyable) and an afternoon appointment. And my last choir practice with my old church (last service is Sunday). I will miss very little about it, but I still will be kind of sad to say goodbye to them.

Oh, and MM, I'm a big fan of crying. I say, pencil some time into your busy schedule to have a big fat good cry. I always feel like a new person after one.

Here. . .it's raining. I'm sick of cold rain, and want snow.

Ready for winter boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Must be one of those weeks all around. I started off strong and went for a run on Sunday, then bought a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream Monday (yes, it's ALL gone :( ) I'm trying, but am struggling to get on track...

Next week is the last week of classes before final exams, so I'll be sporadic getting on here; lots to do!
    Hugs for a great week/end!
    Arianne :)
  • cp005e
    Options
    Today was a little better. I did decide to have my dessert tonight - another cupcake. Then I went shopping for the little boy I adopted for the holidays, came home, ate dinner, and am about to go meet my MIL online for WoW. Except for Monday, my eating has been better this week than last. I'm not ready for winter, though. :frown:

I hope the snow isn't too bad for you, Mary. Here's to the end of the week! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi Pebbles!

I am going to try to start "over again" today. I've been very naughty this week. I did manage a couple of work outs, but I have not felt well and I've been craving chocolate. :grumble: I am better today and I have a lot to do since I've slacked off all week. I am going to log my food, except for dinner (we are going to a party and I have no idea what they are serving). I am going to try to leave at least 600 cals for dinner and I will try to have a salad for lunch also (not my fave as you all know).
    I did 45 minutes of Taebo yesterday but it wasn't a hard core work out either. Today I have to clean house and clean up the front yard. I think that will be all I have time for.
    Also last night I discovered that our dryer is not drying. It gets hot, but one load was in there for four hours and they were still soaked. Steve unhooked the dryer from the vent pipe and it dries fine now. He also found water sitting in the vent hose. :grumble: Not sure that water is suppose to be in there. We're wondering if they left a cover off the roof hole. I guess we'll find out next time it rains huh? It's one thing after another and I want to move so bad! I should start getting rid of stuff now so that when we do move it will be easier.
    Anyway, today is a new day.
    Finding motivation again boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I managed to make it to yoga yesterday - yeah! No other exercise though. The dentist appointment was shorter because it was a broken crown not a filling - so he could glue it back on, so to speak. He creeped me out though. I mentioned that I did yoga and he said, "I always thought yoga was a spectator sport - flexible women in tight clothes." :sick: Then, he had his hand on the dental chair right next to and touching my leg. I moved my leg. I think he was trying to be funny and friendly. Weirdo.

The person I replaced at the gym wants to be my friend on facebook. I feel odd about this. I never met her. I feel like my friends on facebook are just that - my friends. Thoughts? I know I could always hide her, but still.

Today - teach yoga, walk, stay warm. High of 35 degrees and windy. Snow chances went down though, so we're probably ok there. Looks like it warms up by Sunday - so I can bike again.

Hot cider, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hi pebbs,

My new "pull a workout out of a hat" (you have to say that in a Bullwinkle voice) really took care of me this morning. I decided not to have any scheduled day offs, but Friday has been my day off. This morning, the little slip of paper I pulled out was blank. Day off!

My students have their big exam today, so I intend to bring as much positive energy as I can to the room. I hate exam day. . .being in a room full of nerves is no place for an empathetic person.:tongue:

I can't believe it's almost my winter break. Exciting! I'll have a huge pile of marking, but no trips to campus until January after today. Yay! Now I have to start my Christmas shopping. We have a draw in my husband's family and I got my MIL. . .any ideas on what a cranky old lady likes?:wink: Also, super-fun shopping for the grandkids. I actually have the Christmas spirit this year. I even painted my fingernails purple for advent. Amazing what not being on strike does for you.

Holiday boogaloo.:flowerforyou: