whos just come back from holiday? weight gain?

Options
hi everyone :)

I've just got back from a week in Cornwall with my friends, to come back to find i had only put 3lbs on!
Considering we had takeaways and alcohol every day!

Has anyone else come back to be pleased by a little weight gain or has anyone been disappointed?

Replies

• sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Happens more often that I would like to admit. But is generally easier to get rid of than you think. A lot of times it is just water retention. Just get back on, keep going! Don't let it get you! As long as you don't make those decisions on a daily basis, it will all even out! Keep smiling! :)
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey! :)

I too have just got back from a week away and although I do not usually eat takeaways etc I found that i was eating this most nights. I also drank more alcohol than I usually do :drinker:

I weighed myself yesterday and I have put on 4 pounds. I'm rather pleased with this as I don't think it's too bad. I am going straight back into my healthy diet and hopefully this weight will shift quite quickly.

It's funny how much i've noticed the different diet. My body is not used to bad stuff anymore so I feel really sluggish and quite ill actually.

Well back to the grind..... Good luck with shifting the 3 pounds. I'm sure this will come off in no time :smile:
  • beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happens more often that I would like to admit. But is generally easier to get rid of than you think. A lot of times it is just water retention. Just get back on, keep going! Don't let it get you! As long as you don't make those decisions on a daily basis, it will all even out! Keep smiling! :)

i was expecting a weight gain to be honest, but i didnt expect it to be only 3lbs, i was expecting 7lbs lol considering the amount i ate and drank!

thanks for advice :)
  • beckydunks
    Options
    Hey! :)

I too have just got back from a week away and although I do not usually eat takeaways etc I found that i was eating this most nights. I also drank more alcohol than I usually do :drinker:

I weighed myself yesterday and I have put on 4 pounds. I'm rather pleased with this as I don't think it's too bad. I am going straight back into my healthy diet and hopefully this weight will shift quite quickly.

It's funny how much i've noticed the different diet. My body is not used to bad stuff anymore so I feel really sluggish and quite ill actually.

Well back to the grind..... Good luck with shifting the 3 pounds. I'm sure this will come off in no time :smile:

Well done with only a 4lb weight gain!

I know how you feel though with feeling sluggish! my body felt like it was rejecting the fatty foods i was eating while i was away!

Good luck with your weight loss too! youve done so well!
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a week at the seaside too - Whitby. Put some weight on here as well but hopefully this will drop off. I joined the Sept-December challenge to get me back on track come Saturday. Although I've already been trying to get back on it.
  • kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    We just had our daughter home from college for a week and my parents visiting, so it was lots of eating out and "adult beverages". I was up at one point 4 pounds, but with a return to normal habits for just 2 days I am already back about where I started, I am certain it was just fluctuation and not actual weight gain. I bet your is mostly that too, 'casue there is no way I lost 3 pounds in 2 days!
  • beckydunks
    Options
    I just came back from a week at the seaside too - Whitby. Put some weight on here as well but hopefully this will drop off. I joined the Sept-December challenge to get me back on track come Saturday. Although I've already been trying to get back on it.

Going on holiday will generally make you put weight on, the way i see it is if you come back an lose weight then it wasnt a great holiday ;) aha.

Looking at how much you have to lose then it will be a little harder to loose :)
  • beckydunks
    Options
    We just had our daughter home from college for a week and my parents visiting, so it was lots of eating out and "adult beverages". I was up at one point 4 pounds, but with a return to normal habits for just 2 days I am already back about where I started, I am certain it was just fluctuation and not actual weight gain. I bet your is mostly that too, 'casue there is no way I lost 3 pounds in 2 days!

What a great story :) i hope its the same with me, i shall see on saturday when i weigh myself :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's been a week since I got back from my vacation (holiday) and the 3 pounds I gained is already starting to come off. We mostly ate in as we had a full kitchen but drank more than usual and had treats once or twice every day (cookies, cake). And of course I didn't move nearly as much as I should've in order to burn some of those excess calories. Oh well, it was a nice relaxing vacation so totally worth 3 pounds! :)
  • Rannybanani
    Rannybanani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was on a 12 day vaca in July and expected to gain about 5 to 8 pounds and was pleasantly suprised to weigh in and only have a 2 pound gain. I lost 6 the following week and was back on track. Just had another vaca, 8 days at the beach and really overdid it with takeout and alcohol and came back with a 3 pound gain. I've been back 1 week and lost 4 pounds on my weigh in yesterday. Bottom line.... get right back on track upon returning. good luck.
  • beckydunks
    Options
    It's been a week since I got back from my vacation (holiday) and the 3 pounds I gained is already starting to come off. We mostly ate in as we had a full kitchen but drank more than usual and had treats once or twice every day (cookies, cake). And of course I didn't move nearly as much as I should've in order to burn some of those excess calories. Oh well, it was a nice relaxing vacation so totally worth 3 pounds! :)

OMG i feel exactly the same, my 3lb weigh gain was well worth it :)
  • beckydunks
    Options
    I was on a 12 day vaca in July and expected to gain about 5 to 8 pounds and was pleasantly suprised to weigh in and only have a 2 pound gain. I lost 6 the following week and was back on track. Just had another vaca, 8 days at the beach and really overdid it with takeout and alcohol and came back with a 3 pound gain. I've been back 1 week and lost 4 pounds on my weigh in yesterday. Bottom line.... get right back on track upon returning. good luck.

Thanks for the great advice :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    When I weighed myself after my last vacation which was the first morning back home, I was up 10 pounds. Most of it was water weight. When I got back to normal eating, no booze, etc... by Friday I had really only gained about 1 pound if that.
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I got back from vacation a week ago. I was sure I would've gained at least 5 pounds considering all the drinking. I ate
    well & did a lot of walking & swimming & was very pleased to have neither gained nor lost. It was a great vacay!
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Not to mention that a good portion of this gained weight is certainly water retention! Drink lots and lots of water. : )
    xx