This in not a joke!

Options
Just found a sex offender that lives .2 miles from me and another that lives .05 miles from me.
Not good.

_www.FamilyWatchDog.us_ (http://www.familywatchdog.us/)
>
> When you visit the above site you can enter your address and a map will
> pop up with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red,
> blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you
> click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her
> home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed.
>
> This site was developed by John Walsh from "America's Most Wanted." This
> is another tool you can use to help keep your kids safe.
>
>
>

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Just found a sex offender that lives .2 miles from me and another that lives .05 miles from me.
    Not good.

_www.FamilyWatchDog.us_ (http://www.familywatchdog.us/)
    >
    > When you visit the above site you can enter your address and a map will
    > pop up with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red,
    > blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you
    > click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her
    > home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed.
    >
    > This site was developed by John Walsh from "America's Most Wanted." This
    > is another tool you can use to help keep your kids safe.
    >
    >
    >
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I wish Canada had a website like this.
    Too many sick people out there!
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Closest person to me is 2 miles. Still to close for comfort!
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    Ewww!!! That is really scary.:noway:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    geez they are all over. I knew they were but that just too many. They should be placed on a secluded island far far away. .and not the pretty islands either, one where they have no contact with a non offender ever again. A place where they have to work away from the good of society. Sure may sound harsh but they brought it on themselves.
  • gypsygirl3
    Options
    omg..I have a child rapist .3 miles from my house. I never thought there would be so many of them out there. Thanks for the heads up...really good to know about these people especially with a 1 year old son. I thought we picked a nice safe neighborhood to live in. wow.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    To play devil's advocate, they have to live somewhere.
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Trouble with here in the UK is, the criminals have more rights than the victims.

We are not allowed to know such things, so one could be next door to me (which there isn't)

Widdy:mad:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Not to defend sexual predators or anything, but you do have to take into account what the actual crime was. Many states have a general heading of sex crimes, but in reality there are multiple catagories of sex crimes. I worked for many years as a jailer and have come across some "lovely" types of people. The saddest cases I have seen though are some 18 year old boys who had a consenting sexual relationship with a female that was under the age of 18. When the parents discovered this, they would press charges against the male for statutory rape. Generally, the charges would be upheld and the male would then be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Some states do have their own sexual offender websites which will detail the exact nature of the conviction. But, it is always better to be safe than sorry where our children, adult family members, and neighbors are concerned.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    .14 miles from my house - basically down the street. Convicted of Child Rape.

My daughter will be 5 years old in May.

EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN!

There was a study conducted, two men convicted of rape were interviewed. They both said that they targeted children who either were ashamed of their bodies or didn't know about their bodies. (ie: body part names)

We've got to protect our children.

I live in Washington State and there is a website like this specifically for criminals in Washington State. It gave me much more detailed information. Your state may have one too.

Just google "registered sex offenders in ____________"
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    (i edited this part because i said something really mean and thought better of it!). In our county, the website has different levels of offender so you can tell the ones that were, say... 18 with a 17 y/o girlfriend. for this type it usually states "innappropriate relationship with a minor." if it says child rape, beware. it also classifies their violence level as well. a great tool to have everyday and especially if you're moving to a new place
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Yes, they all need somewhere to go. I have a friend that is on the list for having sex with girl who was 17 and she told him she was 19. He broke up with her and she turned him in. Sad story.
    I also understand that some of the people on here are in the same spot, but, I think that we all need to know our surroundings. Soem parents don't watch their children, and this can be taken advantage of by the bad people out there.
    Educating children-YES YES YES!!!

Thanks aherte10214-I will check it out.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I've been using this site for many years. It is wonderful. If you sign up, they can send you email alerts when one moves close to you in the future. There are 17 of the winged spawns of satan near my sons school.
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    It just goes to prove that you have to keep your eyes open no matter what. And educate the kiddo's.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Everyone needs to read this.
  • ToTheLove
    Options
    I wanted to bump this again and say...

I just found one convicted of "Repeated acts of sexual assult" that lives in the house behind my best friends parents house... (Like, they're backyards touch..)
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad when people who didn't commit the crime get on the list (you know, like what icandoit said about the guy she knows who had sex with the minor b/c he thought she was older and then got turned in)...=o/
    I basically am wary of people (no matter who they are) around my kids.
    I mean, the worlds track record isn't so great any more.
    There are TRUSTED family members, long time friends of families, etc, etc that are doing very evil things and we need to make sure we educate ourselves and our kids and not walk blindly as though, "It could never happen to my kid..."
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad when people who didn't commit the crime get on the list (you know, like what icandoit said about the guy she knows who had sex with the minor b/c he thought she was older and then got turned in)...=o/
    I basically am wary of people (no matter who they are) around my kids.
    I mean, the worlds track record isn't so great any more.
    There are TRUSTED family members, long time friends of families, etc, etc that are doing very evil things and we need to make sure we educate ourselves and our kids and not walk blindly as though, "It could never happen to my kid..."

That's exactly why I keep my son in a bubble. He says it smells funny in there and he sometimes gets hot....but at least I keep him safe.LOL:laugh: (My husband tells me to stop putting him in a bubble, but NEVER will I quit being 'overprotective.)
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting I have looked up my state before but this is soo much easier and since we moved I didn't know much about our area . I despise the perverts
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    As a teacher, I have to throw my 2 cents in. In my school we teach "stranger awareness", we can't get into the sexual crimes part with our little kids as the school (but please discuss it as the parent!). One interesting thing our police officer said was that we teach our children to be polite, so often kids don't know that they don't have to talk to people that make them uncomfortable. This might be party because I live in a rural state, but something to think about. I agree with earlier posts, the worst thing we can do is not talk about it with our kids. We have to arm them with knowledge. We always tell our kids to trust their gut feeling. If anyone make them feel uncomfortable or "weird" at all, for any reason, get away and tell a trusted adult. We also tell them it's okay to hurt someone who is trying to get you to go with them. Our police officer even taught our little first graders some moves to hurt a bad stranger and get away - they even practiced! Sad to think this is what our world has come to, but it won't help to ignore it. Trust your gut!