In shape or do I have under lying health problem

Options
reneecgc
reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
I continue to get Oh my goodness you are so skinny is your health OK. I am starting to think there is some
under lying health issues. I have a physical next month and I can't wait. I need to be able to tell people for
sure that I have just worked hard and ate right with 100% assurance. Just to note I am losing weight with
out really trying. Well I am eating good nutritional food and exercising
Here is my question is it because I got my body to a point that my metabolism is high
and burning fat naturally? I have good muscle tone and people are always commenting on my muscle tone.

Some Facts: 5'7" around 150-155 depending on the day

I can't wait until my physical.!!!!!!

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That weight is healthy for 5'7".

You lost a significant amount of weight, based on your ticker. It takes people a very long time to get used to seeing the new you--they carry that image of the old you in their heads for quite a long time and are therefore still surprised every time they see you.

Eventually, your friends and acquaintances will replace their mental image of you with your current appearance. It just takes time.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    thank you for the input
  • erinn43
    erinn43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Renee That is what it is. I had to take that second to digest that new you image- which by the way is AMAZING and its healthy. I get to see myself - I THINK? in the mirror and damn do we look good. WOOOOO! Did any of the clothes work? Any at all? If not- maybe your niece or find homes with friends? Lastly donate- get the deduction. Love and hugs Moo
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    maybe you should try asking someone who you've recently met if you look healthy, (not skinny or fat, but healthy)
    as the above poster said, it does take ppl a while to adjust to the new you.
    (and congrats on the weight loss)
  • julieapreston
    Options
    I agree 100%. I have lost about 70 lbs (over two years ago) and now people don't recognize me in old pictures! I have a hard time recognizing myself!!
  • davidgrooms
    Options
    I am just starting. I had an automobile accident a few years ago. At the time, I was walking 3 to 5 miles per day. My weight was around 180-185 pounds. I had a lumbar fusion at Vanderbilt Hospital almost a year ago. I have been taking physical & aquatic therapy for months now, but I still have a terrible "burning" sensation in my back.I cannot walk or do any kind of sit - ups or bend . I cannot walk any distance without giving into the pain and bending over. I am now up to 243 pounds!!! It seems that my only choice is to follow "myfitnesspal" and be 100 present

Personal PostTop recommendations for you
    9 h
    POSTPOLITICS
    Biden postpones campaign stop in Tampa during GOP convention
    10 h
    ECONOMY
    Treasury, Fed looking at new ways to oversee money market funds
    Start your Personal Post with PostPolitics and Economy to see everything you love on one page »
    More headlines for you >
    The Post Most: Nation
    Most Popular
    Gunman shoots former co-worker near Empire State Building, is shot by police
    Police try to piece together why quiet loner killed ex-colleague outside Empire State Building
    Coroner: Director Tony Scott's notes didn't give reason why he killed himself
    NYC fire officials say several people have been shot outside Empire State Building
    Police try to piece together why quiet loner killed ex-colleague outside Empire State Building
    Top Videos
    Top Galleries
    Keystone: Down the Line

Photo blog: From Alberta to Texas, The Post explores the planned route of the Keystone XL pipeline. See more photos of the trip from photographer Michael S. Williamson.
    See more photos on the blog
    Live Discussions
    There are no discussions scheduled today.

The Fix Live: The campaign trail, RNC, DNC and more
    LIve Q&A, 11 a.m. ET
    The Fix’s Chris Cillizza discusses the latest in political news.
    Weekly schedule, past shows
    Connect with the Post

Facebook: Become a fan of the Washington Post
    Today's Paper

Full Paper Metro Style Sports

Updated newspaper stories
    National Newsletters
    Sign-up for e-mail newsletters and alerts and get the news you need delivered directly to your inbox.

Economy & Business News Alerts
    Behind the Government Showdown
    National News Alerts
    The Most
    Today's Headlines & Columnists

See all Washington Post Newsletters
    Featured Reads

Post Tech

Deciphering the ones and zeros of tech policy with Cecilia Kang.

On Small Business

Examine entrepreneurship and the people, policies and businesses that make it go.

D.C. Sports Bog

The sports writer offers D.C.-focused commentary and features.
    See more featured items
    WP Social Reader (Disabled) Enable
    See what your friends are reading!Powered by
    Featured Advertiser Links
    DID YOUR JOB GIVE YOU LUNG CANCER?
    FEMUR FRACTURE from Fosamax? File a claim NOW!!!
    The only candidate fighting for the middle class: Pres. Obama. Join us.
    Looking to buy a home? Visit TWP Real Estate section for the latest open houses.
    Click here to learn more about energy jobs. AmericanEnergyWorks.org

Real Estate
    House of the Week | A Potomac home for $1.575M

This Arts and Crafts-style home was custom designed in 2008 by a mom who thought of everything.
    Listings

$1,099,000, 6 bd / 6 bath
    Recently Listed
    Vienna, VA

$719,000, 4 bd / 4 bath
    For Sale By Owner
    Bethesda, MD

Go to The Post's Real Estate