Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Breakfast protein shake
    Chia seed pudding
    Salads
    Lentils (variety of flavorings/spices)
    Beans (different types)
    Baked potatoes
    Greens (all types, kale, spinach, collards)
    Veggie burgers
    Fresh fruit

I basically eat 5 times/day so I try to keep each meal around 300 calories.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I am right around there calorie-wise, sometimes higher or lower depending on how hungry I am. I have the same breakfast every morning, because it is so yummy right now with fresh tomatoes from our farm share or my garden: One slice of bread toasted, then spread with 1oz of brie cheese and topped with a sliced tomato, broiled in the toaster oven for 10 minutes. That plus my coffee is less than 300 calories.

Good God, that sounds amazing.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I rarely eat less than 1400 a day, but got over several days a week.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary! I aim for about 1500 net calories a day. Some of what I eat is healthy, some not so much...
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My favorite (quick/easy/eat-it-at-work) breakfast these days is a 6 oz. cup of plain nonfat Chobani with a tablespoon of flaxseed meal (to help with the plain yogurt taste and a minor protein/fiber bump), and about a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed in. Solves the granola problem with some more protein and fiber. I get 30g of protein in one quick meal and it keeps me full for awhile.

Great idea! I'm going to have to try that!
  • trgejessie
    trgejessie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, is it better to eat all that you can or can you leave a hundred or so calories a day till the end of the week for a special nite out...just wondering if averaging is ok as well...
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Mine changes regularly because I tend to cycle through whatever I'm eating at the moment (either because of what I'm into at the moment or what's efficient with my last grocery trip) then I move on to something else. So some days it's meat and veggies. Some days it's soup and salads.

A fairly typical day can range from a breakfast of a fritata w/ sour cream, broccoli, and bacon (I make a 3 egg +2 eggwhite fritata then eat half one day, freezing then nuking the other half the next day) w/ coffee + half and half, lunch of leftover chicken and veggie (could be cauliflour+ grape tomatoes, could be zuchini + yellow squash, could be carrots, could be... just about any veggie), dinner might be a roasted chicken leg, half a sweet potato (w/ sour cream and chili powder), and sauteed swiss chard w/ grape tomatoes, with a square of dark chocolate melted and mixed with plain Greek yogurt for dessert.

Today was 1500 +/- calories and consisted of a breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs (+1 eggwhite), a slice of bacon, and coffee (with half and half and stevia), lunch was 1/4 of a (leftover) Panera Bread Chopped Cobb Salad w/ chicken & avocado with 1cup of Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup, afternoon snack (1/2 package) of McCann's Instant Irish Oatmeal w/ a splash of almond milk, dinner 5oz pork chop, collard greens, and "fried" (baked) okra (Yes, I am as Southern as that sounds) with fresh cut canteloupe for dessert (and after 1 1/2 mile walk, 1 square of 72% dark chocolate followed by 1 cup almond-coconut milk).
  • lcparr88
    lcparr88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I generally stick to two meals a day, and intermittent fast.

Meal 1 is usually:

Oatmeal + honey.
    half sandwich with avocado or crayfish.
    Quest protein bar.
    Hard boiled egg.

Meal 2 is usually:

Fish (Cod, salmon or tuna steak) or Seitan.
    Baked sweet potato or baby new potatoes.
    Tomatoes.
    Other Vegetables.
    Goat cheese.
    Apple.
    Greek yoghurt or a fruit jelly with cream.
    Small bag of sweet n salt popcorn.

Sometimes I have some chocolate too.
  • greenkm2289
    Options
    Lot's of veggies are key to keeping the rice and chicken from being boring, I love using zucchini in place of noodles for spaghetti, or even spaghetti squash, and recently have been on a mediterranean kick, making tabouleh (sp?) Which can take on any flavor like grilled fish or shrimp... I am following one new rule, for lunch and dinner, always having a grain and a green with protein and another fruit/vegetable... last new obsession, laughing cow cheese +chicken+ spinach= delicious!!! Roll the chicken with the other two inside and bake for 30mins, it's almost too easy!
  • AdventureManatee
    AdventureManatee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: (7-9am)
    - Coffee w/ half and half
    - Fruit (a pear, or an apple, or 1 cup strawberries or blueberries)
    - OR lately my boyfriend has been cooking egg-based things for breakfast. No toast, just eggs with veggies and a little cheese.

2nd Breakfast: (10:30am)
    - Greek Yogurt (2 ounces)
    - Granola (1/3 cup)
    - Strawberries or blueberries (as much as 1 cup)

Lunch: (Noon)
    - Some type of rice/bean/chicken type thing with as many veggies as possible. At least 1 cup of chicken

2nd Lunch/Early Dinner: (3-4pm)
    - Salad - lots of greens, veggies. I add feta, 1/2 small avocado, and use ranch or blue cheese dressing. This is the one meal of the day where I want to feel as "full" and fatty as possible so I'm not hungry an hour later.

Snacks: (1pm-4pm)
    - Goldfish crackers (1/2 cup)
    - Cosmos (2.5 cups = 1 serving!)
    and/or 1/6 dark chocolate bar

Dinner (6pm-9pm)
    By this point I'm usually out of calories, maybe I have 300 left on a good day. Usually it's my afternoon snacks that put me over my limit.

If I have calories left over, I might have a beer if I'm out with friends, or will have 1/6 of a dark chocolate bar, or more fruit, or more fruit/granola/yogurt, or a serving or two of chips/salsa.
  • courtneyh754918
    courtneyh754918 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • olgasgarden
    olgasgarden Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    take a look at my diary see if that helps.
    I found that doing salad twice a day really helps keep the numbers down.