Trying to lose weight to concieve

Options
Im trying to lose weight to conceive. My doctor suspects I might have POCS so I have to lose at least 10kgs so I can have a better chance of having a baby. I know I can continue my normal healthy eating during pregnancy but getting pregnant is the problem.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to lose 10kgs quickly but safely of course?

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Soooo You want suggestions on how to make a baby or weight loss.. I am confuzzled.

If Baby.. I suggest you find a worthy mate, light some candles, get some mood music and go with the eb and flow..

For losing weight, eat right and do light exercise until you feel more comfortable in raising the bar to a little more intense work outs.. The weight will drop..

Oh and to do both at the same time..... Have lots and lots of sex...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You may not like it, but I have found that conception tends to happen naturally when you aren't trying. I know lots of women who have tried to conceive only to become frustrated and stressed out when it didn't happen right away. Once they quit trying, quit stressing over it, thinking about it, working on it, it happened. That's my two cents.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat about 5 years ago. I was doing weight watchers and wanted to lose my 10% before we tried to get pregnant. I worked out, walked A LOT, stayed within my points and just made better food choices all around. Oh, and drank TONS of water. I hit my 10% loss and the very next day found out I was pregnant! Making that change definitely helped. It also helped me gain only 18 lbs during my pregnancy - I was already in the healthier mind set and had changed my eating habits.
  • dlarmstead
    dlarmstead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would be willing to share some stories however It would need to be private, as I.can't advertise on here. No.commitment however I have some true stories one involves my daughter. If interested add.me and.send.me.a message Thanks. And.good.luck.