Polar F6???

Options
OK.. so I'm thinking about getting a HRM.. I have been looking at and reading reviews on the F6... What do y'all think?? I'm confused.. there's good and bad reviews... Need some input... Thank you!!

I really only want to know general things... I dont need to know a whole bunch of crap just really how many caloried I burn while jogging.. doing a weight training class at the gym and lifting weights and of course to know my heart rate.. I would really like one that has a stop watch function.. I'm just so confused...

Replies

• marissa4354
    Options
    I just brought one Friday and it sucks. When I WALK it loses my hear rate. Can't read my heart rate on the elliptical even when I'm wearing the chest strap. I have to hold my arms perfectly straight and even then, it only gets my heart rate sometimes.
    Worst investment ever. Go with a different one.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I've had an F6 for 2 years, it works perfectly, so worth the money. marissa, either yours has some kind of malfunction (they are all under warranty, you can send it for repair) or you need to wet the strap down (or the strap is in the wrong location), it uses ECG impulse, which is helped by wetting the strap with water or saliva. Also, make sure you have it in the right location (under the breasts, making direct contact with the skin, not too tight, but not lose enough to slip). Other's have had this issue before, it's usually incorrect or dry strap usage. Many folks on MFP have F6's and the overwhelming majority love them. And Polar is a very good quality name, and they stand by their product generally well. I've also heard good things about the Reebok Precision Trainer, and the Timex Iron man, I think they're all similar in price, about 100 to 150 bucks depending on where you get it.
  • marissa4354
    Options
    I've tried using a lot of water, and barely any water. I have it right below my boobs, and it's not too tight or lose. My sports bra even goes over it. I can't think of any other troubleshooting ideas. Works great when I do Jillian's DVD's, but that's all it works great with for me.
    I've had an F6 for 2 years, it works perfectly, so worth the money. marissa, either yours has some kind of malfunction (they are all under warranty, you can send it for repair) or you need to wet the strap down (or the strap is in the wrong location), it uses ECG impulse, which is helped by wetting the strap with water or saliva. Also, make sure you have it in the right location (under the breasts, making direct contact with the skin, not too tight, but not lose enough to slip). Other's have had this issue before, it's usually incorrect or dry strap usage. Many folks on MFP have F6's and the overwhelming majority love them. And Polar is a very good quality name, and they stand by their product generally well. I've also heard good things about the Reebok Precision Trainer, and the Timex Iron man, I think they're all similar in price, about 100 to 150 bucks depending on where you get it.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

did you call polar? Maybe you got a bad strap.
  • marissa4354
    Options
    No, it was a crazy weekend. Figured I'd give it another try. Plus I rbought it at ****'s Sporting Goods and I brought the 1 year warranty so I figured they'd do something.
    Thanks for the help.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    No, it was a crazy weekend. Figured I'd give it another try. Plus I rbought it at ****'s Sporting Goods and I brought the 1 year warranty so I figured they'd do something.
    Thanks for the help.

didn't need the warranty if d!ck's (they block out the d word at mfp) is an authorized polar reseller, polar automatically warranty's them. That was nice of D!cks to tell you that though. I imagine you could just return it, then go to someplace like Amazon and order another one, it's cheaper there anyway usually, and they are an authorized reseller so the warranty is intact. I guess it depends on how much you paid for it. 96 bucks at Amazon so if it was more than that, I'd return it.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Coral/dp/B001EZXS04/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1259609789&sr=1-9
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I have had very good luck with my polar F6. I have had the pink polar F6 for over a year now. It is helpful to me, but I would invest for money next time so that I could use more programs and features. However, if you are looking for an inexpensive way to track your heart rate, this might be a good option for you.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I love love love my F6! I have had it for about four months and I really like it. It is comfortable and works wonderfully.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I don't have the F6 but the FT60. I had some problems with it early on but Polar customer service was awesome and replaced the chest strap for free since it kept sending errored signals to my watch.

Polar is a good product and when you call, you get a real person.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I love mine I have had it for almost year now
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am looking to get the f6 too, i am thinking i will get some$$ for christmas and thinking i will buy one. I was wondering two if this was a good one, Target has the f4 for like 79, but i am not sure what the difference is.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I own one, one of the best things I've invested in for fitness so far. I just took the watch back to California Fitness where I originally bought it because it had a slight malfunction where some parts of the display were not showing up properly and without question they replaced it on the spot without asking me a million questions. That speaks volumes about a product when it is easy to return and get replaced for free hassle free, you know its a good product if they are willing to stand behind it at the drop of a hat. I paid $125 CAD for mine and it was worth every penny. You get what you pay for with electronics like this.
  • lose100
    Options
    I have the F6, and I LOVE it! It works great, and it's so much fun to see the calories you burn. Check online for prices. If you want to know where I purchased mine, send me a personal message, and I will give you the website. Good luck!

Mandi