anyone struggling with perimenopause?

Since January, I have gained 25 lbs. My weight usually fluctuated around Christmas but never as much and it never stayed so long!!!! I'm tired, my periods sometimes come twice a month or not at all. My back hurts and has been going out so I am afraid to exercise other than walking. I get hot flashes. I'm totally unmotivated and just want to lie in bed. I'm 44 and my doctor is finally testing my hormone levels. I'd love to talk to someone going through it too!

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    I will be 42 next month. I think I'm beginning to go through it. I too have back/hip pain, sleepless nights and I'm ALWAYS HOT! As for my period, I had a hysterectomy in 2009 so I can't gauge according to that. Weight loss is difficult. I've started taking an herbal supplement from Whole Foods that seems to working fairly well. I do sleep a bit better since I've started it. They have several varieties. This one has a day and a night pill, one month supply for approximately $12.00. Might be worth checking out.
  • Thanks for answering!!! I was having a bad day. I'll keep the supplements in mind. Since winter is coming, maybe I'll keep the hot flashes!!!:smile:
  • I'm 49 and just going thru this now. I injured my ankle running in April and am now just getting back into working out- slooowly! And with a ten pound weight gain. bUT, I can tell you that every single day that I do manage to workout, I def feel more energetic, less sluggish and depressed, and less mood. So I am doing my damnedest to stay on track! Been taking a really great supplement called voted, which has helped a lot w moodiness and spotting mid month.
  • Whoops, that supplement is VITEX- it was auto corrected into something else entirely!