Your all-time favorite Protein bar?

Options
I'm trying to find the ultimate protein bar from commerce (I know, I know, I can bake some pretty good myself)

Which is the best tasting / more proteins / less carbs bar according to you? And why do you like it?

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nutritionally speaking, Quest bars are my favorite (Google them).
    I also like the small sized Supreme Protein bars (in any flavor, all delicious!) and for more of a "meal replacement" I like the Think Thin bars.
  • alison0511
    Options
    I am really liking Nature Valley Protein bars, which are mainly peanuts with dark chocolate on the bottom. I don't know that they're the best out there, but they taste awesome, have 10 grams of protein, and I can grab one for a quick breakfast occasionally if I need to, and it keeps me full for a long time.
  • c_patt
    c_patt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Simply Bar! They're a small Canadian company based out of Toronto so you'll have to check and see where they're available.

They have 16g protein, 2-4g of fat, under 3g of sugar, at least 4g of fiber, and 160 calories or less. They're also gluten free, vegan, kosher, use non-GMO products, and have less than 10 ingredients. I really like how they taste, too.. they're kinda like rice crispy squares!
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cliff makes a protine bar now called builder bars. Love love there chocolate mint.
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Tried them all. Perfect Foods Bars are the best tasting. You'll find them in the refrigerated section of specialty food stores.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like Zone Perfect bars because there are many flavors and they are easy to find (WalMart, Sam's Club, Super Market, Drug Store). The nutrition balance is 30/30/40 - Fat/Protein/Carbs. Affordable too.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate- 180 cals, 2g sugar, 4g sugar alcohol 20g protein
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I also like the small sized Supreme Protein bars (in any flavor, all delicious!) and for more of a "meal replacement" I like the Think Thin bars.

I experienced a Think Thin White Chocolate bar last week---it was almost religious. That thing was DELICIOUS.
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Clif bars Mojo line of bars is awesome. I hate the regular Clif bars though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    For flavor, Balance Bar in Lemon Meringue. :heart:

All their flavors are good, but that one is almost orgasmic.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Homemade from Jamie Eason's recipe (can be found on Youtube) for Lemon Protein Bars.
  • researchgirl82
    researchgirl82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Clif bars Mojo line of bars is awesome. I hate the regular Clif bars though.

I have to agree! They are awesome and taste wonderful.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Home made protein bars! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-lean-eat-clean-with-jamie-eason-main-page.htm

After making my own, I will never ever eat a store bought protein bar... I think homemade is the cleanest way to go.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The Simply Bar! They're a small Canadian company based out of Toronto so you'll have to check and see where they're available.

They have 16g protein, 2-4g of fat, under 3g of sugar, at least 4g of fiber, and 160 calories or less. They're also gluten free, vegan, kosher, use non-GMO products, and have less than 10 ingredients. I really like how they taste, too.. they're kinda like rice crispy squares!

GREAT! I'm Canadian! thanks!
  • leelafit_mtl
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate- 180 cals, 2g sugar, 4g sugar alcohol 20g protein

Oh these sounds delicious (and filled with proteins)
  • leelafit_mtl
    Options
    Home made protein bars! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-lean-eat-clean-with-jamie-eason-main-page.htm

After making my own, I will never ever eat a store bought protein bar... I think homemade is the cleanest way to go.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
  • leelafit_mtl
    Options
    Weel, I just tried the Slim Down bars, chocolate brownies, from Jamieson (Canadian brand) and they taste like heaven! Really, the chocolate taste is very similar to a dark chocolate bar, and it's filled with 15g of proteins
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Oh Yeah bars
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are the most nutritionally perfect bars on the market and my go to bar when I don't make my own protein brownies. If I want a meal replacement, or something post-workout, then I go with VPX Zero Impact bars in either German Chocolate or Pumpkin Pie Supreme.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are my favorite. I only eat them once or twice a week though. I only eat the regular line of luna bars, but I know that they now make luna protein bars, but I have not tried them because they contain dairy from the whey protein. I think that luna bars are a great though.

Luna bar: Each 1.69 oz (48g) LUNA Bar has around 180 calories with 9-10g protein and 3-5g fiber. It is high in calcium, folic acid and iron, a good source of Vitamin D, and rich in antioxidants (vitamins A, C and E). Each bar has 3.5-6g fat and 9-14g sugar depending on the flavor.

Luna protein bar: Each 1.6 oz (45g) LUNA Protein bar has around 170-190 calories with 12g protein and 3g fiber, along with essential nutrients women need. It is high in calcium and folic acid, and is a good source of vitamin D, iron, fiber and antioxidants (vitamins A, C and E). Each bar has 6-9g fat and 13-15g sugar depending on the flavor.