Is all fat the same?

Options
I've been reading about different kinds of fat. Subcutaneous, which is just under the skin, and visceral, which is around the middle and mostly around the vital organs. I have subcutaneous fat and know what I have to do for that, weight training, cardio and eating correctly. My husband has visceral fat. He works out six days a week, mostly weight training, some cardio, and watching what he eats. Most of his body is hard as a rock (yumm!!), but the belly never seems to go away.

Do you have to train different for visceral fat?

Replies

• sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Everybody has the same 3 types of fat!?!!!!! you dont have one person with all vseral and one person with all subcutanious! lol. Belly fat is subcutanious and viceral fat just surrounds your organs by a few cm... not all the way out!

I posted this on another post today!......

Sometimes for the first load of weight loss you may not see a big difference in size but certainly on the scales, this is down to 3 things:

1) You will loose quite a large portion of water during the first few weeks
    2) There are three types of fat Subcutaneous (under the skin), Visceral (around your organs), Intramuscular (marbeling in your muscles). The first types of fat to come off your body (and some of the most dangerous) are visceral and intermuscular which is why you start to feel alot better in the first fewe weeks/months although these are all internal so you dont see a big difference externally!
    3) After the above has been expended (in part) the subcutanious fat comes of in the order it went on (think of it like peeling an onion) therfore you have to take measuremens from all over to see a difference, which can take quite a while...

Stick with it! you'll see the changes soon!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    No its the same, eat less move more.

MFP doesn't let us talk about "dangerous" drugs be they exist.