Im new!

Ashley2760
Ashley2760 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I am new here, ive been working out steadily (3-4 times per week) for about 1.5 months now...I know thats not a long time but I havent lost ANY weight! And everytime I leave the gym sweating and feeling like I got in a great workout. I usually workout for at least 45 minutes. I dont know what the problem is! I dont eat PERFECTLY but its not terrible...and I havent changed my eating habits at all (no worse no better) and im still at the same weight...some weeks even up a pound or two! What is my problem? I feel like my motivation is taking a nosedive because I cant see any results :( Any suggestions? My husband and I got our memberships on the same day and always go together...and he is up 4 pounds (hes really skinny to begin with so he wanted to gain muscle mass) and I cant definitely, definitely see a difference in his body (his arms and stomach look so much more toned!) Why isnt this happening with me?

By the way im 23, and 5 ft 4in and 143 pounds.

Replies

• LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Welcome, have you started logging in your food yet? Once you do you will see where your calories are coming from. I was in shock when I found out how many calories I was really eating every day.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,150 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Exercise alone won't do it. You're not so terribly above your goal weight that adding exercise will drop the pounds easily. The exercise is good for jump starting your metabolism, but until you get a good look at the calories you're putting in your body, you won't have the whole picture. Logging your food is a labor intensive process at first, but the information you get will be so worth it. Use a food scale and measuring cups and get started. You'll be glad you did. :smile: :smile:
This discussion has been closed.