Workout DVDs

Options
I work out at home, and I want to get some new DVDs to work out with.. I just don't know which ones are any good. I have a bunch of the Jillian Michaels ones, some of the Biggest Loser DVDs, The FIRM workouts, TaeBo, and Jari Love DVDs. I like a good hard workout, so the more challenging, the better... but what do yall use? I'd appreciate some new ideas! :happy:

Thanks!

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've heard P90x is pretty intense....haven't tried it myself yet but my sister was VERY successful with it.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    P90X is probably the way to go...
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've heard P90x is pretty intense....haven't tried it myself yet but my sister was VERY successful with it.

P90X is definately for you if you want a challenge! You could also try Insanity. I haven't done it yet, but have heard great things about it. They're both from Beachbody.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You should check out your library.. Usually they have workout dvd's that you can rent out.. and hey! if you don't like them, take them back and you didn't have to pay a thing for them.. It'll also mix it up for you a lil bit.
  • rockchalkKU
    Options
    P90X all the way...I love it!! I have never got a better workout than those DVD's....I also like Turbo Jam, the sculpting one is great!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try P90X, but I don't know if I'm ready for that. I think I'm in pretty good shape though (despite weighing 200 pounds.. lol). Is there any way to figure out if I'm ready for it other than just buy it?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    p90x and turbo jam baby!
  • a00link
    Options
    What is your favorite Biggest Loser workout dvd? I might pick one up as a gift for someone.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    What is your favorite Biggest Loser workout dvd? I might pick one up as a gift for someone.

I like the Biggest Loser Cardio Max the best.. I burn the most calories with it (around 550 in just under an hour).
  • a00link
    Options
    That sounds great. How much room do you need to do the workout? She's limited in space where her television/dvd player is but I might still want it for her regardless.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    That sounds great. How much room do you need to do the workout? She's limited in space where her television/dvd player is but I might still want it for her regardless.

The moves that require the most space are walking push-ups, front and side kicks, and lunges I believe.
  • a00link
    Options
    She might need to turn away from the television in order to do it but she'd be able to in her room. Then again... she could just use her computer and do the exercises anywhere. Hmm, I'll pick this up for sure then. Thanks. :)