Dessert Cravings....anyone?

Options
Getting that familiar sinking feeling again....kill the urge or feed it with some alternative.....what would you do??

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Getting that familiar sinking feeling again....kill the urge or feed it with some alternative.....what would you do??

Personally, I just eat a small portion of whatever I want. Or try to find a healthy aternative. But a lot of people on here would prefer to drink tea and hope it goes away. To each their own.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Fed it with an alternative, all you've got to do is look. If I get ice cream, I measure it to the serving size and put the rest away. Dark chocolate instead of milk, etc. Today I made soda cupcakes, about 160 calories per serving and just taste the same.
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Lately, I've been craving carbs like crazy. Sometimes I give in and try to finish the day a little better. Sometimes I put it off by eating fresh fruit. Sometimes I just have to leave the house so I'm not around the kitchen. Other times, I save some calories so I can indulge without guilt.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    have you tried freezing yoghurt (low fat) its a bit like ice cream :-)
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    In the past I would eat a pickle spear or too.. That would turn the craving off.
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I keep Skinny Cow Chocolate with Fudge Ice Cream Cones in my freezer, 150 cal and delish! Love the solid fudge part at the very end of the cone, makes for a delightful last bite.
    Or, 2-3 squares Godiva dark chocolate with sea salt (100-150 cal).
  • ErikaAvp88
    ErikaAvp88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a HORRIBLE craving for something sweet, so I had some cookies, and I figured it was ok because I had some calories left for the day so I didn't feel guilty or anything :P
  • AmitManga
    Options
    Nice....and maybe froyo minus the toppings is a good idea....big thanks
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to have chocolate every day! I save enough calories to have a couple of pieces after dinner every night. I switched from milk chocolate to dark, and usually go for the Lindt bars. There are several different flavors like orange, mint, etc. and i switch it up. two squares are 100 cal. :)
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually freeze a banana or a meal replacement shake into ice cream - one serving is about 100 cals! I also try to save calories for later on in the day, since that's when I usually want to eat something.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I eat what I'm craving and then step up my exercise program to accommodate. I also plan one day a week where I deny myself nothing and even plan to eat well over my calorie goals. This is helpful for long term success and can provide motivation to wait out the cravings until "free day."
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am not always sucessful but I try to have my sweets in a better way. For example, I make my own ice cream sandwhich's (so effin good) with chocolate graham crackers and cool whip lite and freeze them for a day - way less calories and tastes awesome! Or skinny cow ice cream or edy's fruit bars (my fav is creamy coconut). Or dark chocolate.

I got a couple recipes from this site -- but the ones Ihave tried for desserts are really not very good. A brownie simply is not good when you use apple sauce and splenda. :(
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

When I get that craving I mix cottage cheese, sugar free jello ( favorite flavor) and a little coolwhip. you can also add fruit but since I carb watch too I don't. It sounds strange but it is good plus it is high in protein and low in carbs. Just one of many options