Calcualting calories in vegan ice cream?

Options
Hey all, I need a little help.

We have some leftover pumpkin-plantain vegan ice cream that's leftover from when we had a fabulous vegan chef come cater a retreat at our hotel. I'm trying to guestimate how many calories there would be in about a 1/2 cup of it, but have no clue how to begin.

The following things went into it (loose estimations on quantity, since I didn't make it myself, just watched with googly eyeballs as the magic happened) :

- approx. 2.5 - 3.5 cups pureed pumpkin & plantain mixture
- approx 2/3 carton of vitasoy unsweetened soy milk
- approx. 1 - 1.5 cups sugar
- cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut extract

Any idea on how I can figure this out? I had a little for dessert tonight as a treat and I'm BOUND to indulge at least a few more times in the future (those leftovers aren't going anywhere, and I LOVE this stuff!) so I'd like to be able to log it.

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    google: Recipe Calculator It'll pull up a couple sites that have a recipe calc that you can use to count all the calories in each serving.. Thing is.. you have to figure out how much is a serving.. Maybe a 1/2 cup is a serving, so you have to figure out how many serving are in your dish.. Well just go to the site... it's http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp that's the one I use. and I love it.