Fat blockers?

MissKalhan
MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
My friend has recently started working at Herbal Magic (I still don't buy into it, just throwing that out there) and has been raving about these fat blockers. Anyone using them now and swearing by them? Aside from their name what exactly is the point in taking them or the theory behind them?

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Honestly I think they end up as more of a deterrent than anything else. My science may be wrong, but I believe that they bind to fat so that your body cannot break it down/absorb it. As such, unabsorbed fat passes through your system. Alli is one of these pills that you can buy over-the-counter. I don't know anything about Herbal Magic.

If you don't eat much fat, they won't have much effect. If you do, you'll have gross, oily stools, possibly diarrhea, and be gassy. Hemorrhoids are another side effect, and I imagine that's rather unpleasant. The side effects encourage you to eat less fat and thus have less gastrointestinal issues, leading to weight loss due to lower fat intake.

So no, I don't recommend them, especially since there are "good fats" in food that you definitely want to digest.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    ^^^Interesting article, and it's even more reason to not buy into it :smile: Save your money!