Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Options
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

I love this saying by Kate Moss... I know if has had a lot of controversy, but it is helping me--a non-anorexic :)

I say it to my self when I really am craving food.

Does anybody else have things they do or say to help with those food cravings?

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Both of mine are in my signature:

A year from now, you may wish you had started today - Robert Schuller
    Isn't eventually better than never? - Me

Both are the same concept. It wakes me up in my weaker moments that I'm not doing this for the 'right now' I'm doing this for the future. The rest of MY LIFE. I think the experiences you can have when you are at a healthy weight are 10 bazillion times more meaningful than food. I want to rock climb, I want to kayak, I want to run whenever I feel like it, for as long as I want. THOSE things are important to me, and I believe that improves quality of life far more than a cupcake. :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

"When you fall down, don't forget to pick something up."
  • DARTHDOUGY
    DARTHDOUGY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is some truth to that, but maybe a better version is "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels"
  • KirryD68
    Options
    Hannah--I love those! I can't tell you how many times I've let life get in the way and been distracted from my health & fitness goals...only to get a few months down the road and be frustrated at how much better I could be looking and feeling if only I'd stuck with it. So many, "if only..." moments! I'll need to remember your quotes--I have no nifty ones of my own.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    This is more from sales training, but the more I have conversations with others about weight loss I realize it applies to anything worth having in life:

"Those that do what other don't want to do, have things that others don't have."

Weather it's making that difficult sales call, pushing away from the table, getting up early to run, or any other thing that you have step out of your comfort zone to do.
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have that quote as my signature lol. It's a good reminder that as delicious as that giant slice of cake, brownie, cookie etc. looks it won't compare to feeling great about your health and appearance in the long run.
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. - Unknown

Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up? - Unknown