How many languages can you speak?

Options
13»

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I speak English and can fumble my way through a conversation in American Sign Language, if the person is patient with me. One of my new years resolutions for this upcoming year is to brush up and improve my ASL skills. I took 5 years of Japanese, but forgot pretty much everything. :embarassed: (Japanese was a struggle for me...)

Where did you take Japanese from?

4 years in high school and 1 year in college. At that point it was either drop it or major in it... and there was no way I'd survive majoring in it, so I dropped it.

Man that is alot of time did you do well, also have you ever travel to Japan?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I speak English and can fumble my way through a conversation in American Sign Language, if the person is patient with me. One of my new years resolutions for this upcoming year is to brush up and improve my ASL skills. I took 5 years of Japanese, but forgot pretty much everything. :embarassed: (Japanese was a struggle for me...)

Where did you take Japanese from?

4 years in high school and 1 year in college. At that point it was either drop it or major in it... and there was no way I'd survive majoring in it, so I dropped it.

Man that is alot of time did you do well, also have you ever travel to Japan?

I always did okay in the classes - got good grades, but my memory retention is crap. I tended to memorize vocabulary for tests and then forget it. I did so-so on the cumulative exam at the end of my 4 years of high-school study - can't remember my score but I know I passed. I've never been to Japan. At this point, I remember some phrases and can count a little bit but I didn't retain too much. One of those 'If you don't use it, you lose it!' things.