What is Best Chocolate?

Options
jjl0412
jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
Ok, other than Fat/sugar free chocolate pudding w/skim milk, I have forsaken any chocolate anything since I started getting real serious about finally losing 120 pound. (33 pounds ago).

Now trust me, I can down a box of chocolate covered cherries, bag of any varuety kisses, those chocolate squares with fruit or caramel fillings, bars of milk chocolate, you name it, I can do it!! NOW that we understand I like =..., L UUUVVVVV choclate.... What can I have in the way of real chocolate candy, not stuff w/ chocolate in it,:tongue:

I want real pure choclate,... Got it? Good! :smile: What's not gonna blow my good intentions to hades but allow me to savour, slowly melt in my mouth, smell and feel the richness and flavor of chocolate?? UMMMM??:tongue::ohwell: :love:

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    :laugh: I like Green & Black brand chocolate. Peanut and Sea Salt is my favorite. When I buy it I have a square per day. LOL I haven't bought it in ages though.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hersheys recently embraced the sugar free life

http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/special-nutrition.aspx#/Sugar-Free

I can vouch for the chocolate chips, they rock. And the syrup, it is killer in almond milk.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ghirradelli dark 60% chocolate chips are so Yummy!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've heard so much about the rampant slave labor on the cocoa plantations that it's really hard for me to buy anything that's not fair trade. Yeah, I know most of what we buy is probably involved unjust labor practices somewhere, but I believe taking a step in the right direction, no matter how small, is always a good thing. So I buy my chocolate from whole foods because I know it's legit.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli 86% or Endangered Species (the 72% mint is great).
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ulimana has various chocolate truffles. Raw, vegan and HEALTHY. Oh yeah, they taste AMAZING! (I'm a true "chocoholic" and have had just about every chocolate - healthy and not - that there is to try.) www.ulimana.com
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Well, a couple of months ago, I was reading a post on here that you can have chocolate and lose weight. I have a dark chocolate Dove Promise with caramel and sea salt, every night. 1 piece is under 40 calories, and I plan for it and log it. It is working for me, and I just happen to think that it is some of the best chocolate you can buy.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    It's not candy, but I make cacao protein brownies with TerrAmazon Organic Cacao Powder: 4 oz is only 110 calories, 2g fat, 16g carbs, 10g fiber, 0g sugar and 8 g protein. It's so rich that I only use a small amount to make a batch of 8 brownies and they are to die for.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I like dark chocolate bars of any kind. Trader Joe's has some good ones.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Lindor.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    The Endangered Species brand is my favorite!
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    endangered species is really good!! and i also like green and blacks organic. i always love dark chocolate, anything over 75% works, preferably over 80% for my taste :)
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate and, like you, have been trying to find quality because I'm limiting quantity. I started with Dove chocolate. They come in individual pieces and are nice and creamy. The only problem I had with them was my boyfriend eating them all! Ghirradelli is simply divine and I especially like the raspberry filled squares. They also have the best brownie mix, no lie. But lately, I've been leaning on Lindt chocolates. So far I've tried orange (REALLY like this one), chili (threw it away), sea salt (the salt is strong so you've got to want it, but it's so good), and I'll soon be tasting the regular dark chocolate. I also have a love affair with the Ferrero Rocher hazelnut balls. They're a little higher in calories so you have to make room for them. But oh.my.god. Those are a candy you can sit back and enjoy while you melt in chocolate heaven. I was so happy around Easter when they had a smaller egg size. Maybe for Halloween they'll do a mini size again, fingers-crossed :)