What kind of excuse is that??

Options
I witnessed a television show on when I got my nails done yesterday, and it happened to be highlighting a bride who was trying to lose weight in the week before her wedding. And HOLY. She caved and drove to the drive through and got cheesecake and a chopped beef baked potato (who knew you can get cheesecake in a drive through?).

But here's the kicker. Her interview showed her explaining how she wasn't cheating on her diet, because she wasn't eating it, she was just tasting. She then FURTHER explains that if you don't chew, just let it go down your throat, then you aren't eating. Therefore not cheating on her diet! You have got to be kidding me!

What kind of whacky excuses have you heard from others? Better yet, did you ever give some great excuses like that before you got serious about your weight loss?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    It's kinda like having a big piece of cake and trying to rationalize it by drinking a Diet CokeI
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    That is some crazy reasoning!
  • KyleDanielle
    KyleDanielle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Haha my friend's mother says brownies are healthy because they have dairy in them.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you eat it from someone elses plate they get the calories, not you.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It was probably part of the script. :laugh:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to say that Mountain Dew is healthy because there is real orange juice in it o_O
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Lol, I never knew this. That explains why my dad always stole my french fries!
  • marthathebear
    Options

I tried this it doesn't work!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My Mumm likes to eat the broken cookies and potato chips because the "calories leaked out".

She's totally joking though.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If you eat while standing, the calories literally pass through you and into the floor.

True story. :bigsmile:
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I saw that I don't think she fit into her dress. I wish there was a cheesecake drive through by me I would taste all the time LOL
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If nobody sees you eat it it didn't happen so doesn't count :wink:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    It's kinda like having a big piece of cake and trying to rationalize it by drinking a Diet CokeI

I read an article one time that said only fat people drink diet coke, so maybe you are right, that they eat cake and justify with a diet soda lol!
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    I work at a hospital as a dietitian. I was educating a nice fellow about healthy eating because of his elevated cholesterol. He said "You won't believe this, but I"m in really good shape. My wife runs marathons". He was serious. And I was speechless.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've heard "if you microwave it, for every minuet it burns 300 calories off the meal"
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    When I make my dad a sandwich I have to cut off the crusts because he has no teeth and they are tough to chew. Usually the crusts also have jelly, or peanut butter, or whatever the sandwich is made from. Since all the calories stay with the sandwich I can eat the bread crusts without logging it.
  • mcouturezz
    mcouturezz Posts: 145
    Options
    OMG this is gold !!! What people will try to convince themselves that they're saints ! LOL
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Who cares if they order diet coke. I always get diet coke with food when I'm out and at home. My reasons are im not a big water person, I like the taste of diet coke and if I'm having a lot of calories then why would I want to be drinking tons of calories aswell? It a bit of damage control if you want to think of it that way. If it fits in to your goals then that's fine, as long as you log it. Everything in moderation is the key.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Emptyhead.gif
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    <---knew you can get cheesecake from a drive thru.

hello Jack in the Box.

and being in Tx i'm not surprised she could get bbq at a drive thru.