Seriously... I did it.

Options
I wrote an entire first draft of a novel, 50,125 words in THIRTY DAYS. I started on November first and just finished. I was taking part in National Novel Writing Month.

I did it. I'm so excited. :)

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Awesome great job! Do you think you could post it here?
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Great. That is something that I plan on doing before I die is writing a novel. I have so many ideas for one. :smile:
  • kathrynp45
    kathrynp45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    fantastic! congrats....
  • KatieFlower
    Options
    congrats!!!!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That's amazing.
    I thought about doing it a couple years ago, but I didn't notice the thing until Nov 25 or something, and by then it was just too late.
    And I've forgotten about it until now.

But anyway, that's awesome.
    What is it about?

Congrats, again.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :)

I would post it on here... but 50,000 words = 184 pages. I will gladly email it to anyone who will sign a contract promising not to steal it.. :tongue: :laugh:

Actually I'm going to print it out and send it to myself before I send it to anyone as a cheap form of copyright. But after that, I'll gladly send it your way if you want. Just PM me your emails.

It's a fantasy story about a young boy and a young girl.

Nonam was six when he washed up on the shores of Isleharbor with no memory of who or what he was. The small superstitious town begrudgingly took him in, though they mistreated him as often as possible. Strange happenings surround him, he can predict storms and catch fish with inhuman speed. Finally he's had enough, and despite the pleadings of his best friend who discovered and protected him for seven years, Iris, he leaves Isleharbor to find a life at the sea.

Iris stows away and chaos ensues. After a huge storm, Iris and Nonam get thrown over board and are picked up by a band of pirates.

Turns out the Captain knows what is different about Nonam. He is a "chosen one", an "avatar," of the sea and sky goddesses of their world. As such, he can control the elements. The Captain himself is the avatar of the fire god, and promises to train Nonam if he swears to be part of their crew and use his powers to aid them.

And Iris can stay too.

The story follows them through their adventures on the Black Dawn, how they grow up and realize their feelings, and the creation of an arch-nemesis.

Chaos! Gods and Goddesses! Romance! Adventure! All this in... "Leaving Isleharbor: The Beginning"
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment! If you are interested in publishing check out this website.....

http://bookwriting-coach.com/

Ted is a wonderful teacher. I took his class last year on writing your first book. He is filled with knowledge. He really is a fantastic person, I've been aquainted with him for several years now.

Good luck to you and congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment! You have reminded me of something I keep putting on the back burner. Thanks!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Wow - :) That is awesome! Thanks for sharing - what an accomplishment. :) Thanks for posting too - sounds like a great story - I think I'd be hooked.