Bar Codes and Nutritional Info don't match...

Options
Has this ever happened to you.... using your phone you scan the bar code.... but it doesn't match the nutritional info printed on the package.... WT*? 2X today..... bar code says sliced turkey 2 oz. 60 cal.... bar code says 80. Then, the nutrition panel on the pie says 350 for 1/5 of pie.... scan says 480 for 1/6. Grr..... I work hard for every exercise earned calorie, and I want to eat them and not be confused!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    They're entered by members so I find a lot of values are wrong and I have to edit/create my own. Nutritional values change too so I guess some are just not up to date.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The info that the phone registers using the bar scan app brings up data in put by other MFP users? That doesn't make sense... are you sure?
  • kirlinj
    Options
    I read on another thread that the bar codes are put in by other users and can often be incorrect. I also learned from that thread that when you scan in an item and it looks wrong, scroll down on the info it brings up and there is a gray square that says, "This is incorrect, look for a match" or something like that. I did and found what I was looking for. Then for kicks I re-scanned that item and it came up correct. I don't know though if it fixes it for the whole network or just me.