can't afford to join a gym need video for home use

Options
2»

Replies

• FireFae
    FireFae Posts: 40
    Options
    Check out Zuzana Light's ZWOW workouts as well as bodyrock.tv. Great fast but brutal interval workouts. That's what I did previously and loved it. I'm about to start ZWOW myself.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Power Yoga DVD, $8 at Target
    Trainer Bob's Warrior Yoga DVD, often on sale on his website for $5

I was able to get a great gym special with a Groupon! I only pay $30/month for my gym and that includes as many classes as I want for free. In my area a price like that is unheard of (gyms are often $100/month or so).

Keep your eye out for specials on Groupon, Living Social, or Amazon local. They are practically giving the memberships away in this economy.

Bob Harper's are all $5 right now on his website. Good tip!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Go to the thrift store and they're real cheap. Anything that gets your heart rate moving is beneficial
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    Don't forget to check out your local library. I got Tae Bo, Kickboxing and another DVD. I think 30 Day Shred is a good DVD for the money. You can pick them up at Target for like $15 or so.
  • Idk122
    Idk122 Posts: 1
    Options
    This youtube channel helps. I pick about 2-3 workouts a day and add a lil walk in the afternoons, and the weight is just melting off hahaha.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender/videos
    They have over 100 videos.
    I do one of there cardio videos, then I pick a focus like thighs butt arms or abs. And a lot of there videos you dont need equipment.
    wish you the best of luck :)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    internet has a lo, I like the jill coleman or metabolic effect full body workouts(on you tube). Or you can do sprints at the track, walk, walking lunges, burpees, omg there are a ton of things I do that arent in a gym. If you want suggestions, lemme know!! xx
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I can't afford the gym either. I saved a ton of money when I canceled cable, bought a ROKU and I have tons of workout videos to choose from now.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Prepare to sweat!
  • kayyydee_cancel
    Options
    I used sparkpeople for a while, and they have tons of free videos on there. I believe that most of them are available for free on youtube. You could check those out.
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    Check out Zuzana Light's ZWOW workouts as well as bodyrock.tv. Great fast but brutal interval workouts. That's what I did previously and loved it. I'm about to start ZWOW myself.

Zuzana is the best. Her YouTube channel is called: Zuzka Light's channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight/videos
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Netflix by MAIL has hundreds of workout videos. I started this way. Every week I would get something new. Some I liked (well enough to buy) but others I hated. This would help you find videos that are right for YOU.

collagevideo.com has video clips & reviews of workout DVDs. This will help you weed out the "too easy" "too high impact" "obnoxious instructors" etc. ....... a short clip will narrow your search.

One of my favorite instructors is Kelly Coffey Meyers - she has a series called 30 Minutes to Fitness - various styles (bootcamp, weights, circuit, etc). These DVDs are great because they have 2 workouts plus lots of "premixes" to keep it fresh.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    me!!! :) seriously, i have a youtube channel with full-length videos. i can't post the link on the boards cuz mfp will strike me, but there is a link to it on my profile header :)
  • dtenzie
    dtenzie Posts: 24
    Options
    Of course I am going to be bias because I am a Beachbody coach. Programs like Insanity, Slim in 6, Brazil Butt lift and Body beast. At the end of the day you will need to choose a program that suits your needs. If you like weight training make sure the program you buy has it. I have seen this over and over again people buying home based workout programs and it sits on the shelf collecting dust.

So find out what you like first...if you haven't exercise in years...Start off with a simple program so you can stick with it. Then progress to a harder home program.

Good luck :-)..
  • KarenRae66
    KarenRae66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I get most all my DVD's from Beachbody. I also us ones from a lady named Joyce Verdral..she has some good ones. She uses weight training. Prevention magazine has a great walking work out called "walk the weight off". They will only work if you use them. I am in my second week here. I just dusted mine off and have been at it faithful!! I am working my way up to the Insanity one..I am also getting ready to start the "Couch to 5K" its a free program ..just google it.