Amateur Fitness Pageant wanna-be

Options
Ever since I was in high school, I have always wanted to compete in the Fitness Pageant Contest. I use to watch it on television every month. To this day, I still think about it. I am 44 years old. I still have 40 - 50 lbs left to go and I am 5' 2". My question is, where to start? Any ideas?
* Meals
* Calories need to burn
* How many days to lift weight/ cardio
* Personal trainer - yes/no

Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was in high school, I have always wanted to compete in the Fitness Pageant Contest. I use to watch it on television every month. To this day, I still think about it. I am 44 years old. I still have 40 - 50 lbs left to go and I am 5' 2". My question is, where to start? Any ideas?
    * Meals
    * Calories need to burn
    * How many days to lift weight/ cardio
    * Personal trainer - yes/no

Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm also 5'2". Weight loss is 50% eating and 50% fitness. I basically started with P90X and logging on here. Then moved to Insanity, then hybrids and my journey continues. The programs are all set up for you, just follow the calendar. That's what I love about them. I don't have to "think" about it. If you follow MFP guidlines and do a program, I think you can succeed w/o a personal trainer. But I do know people who need that accountability.

Hope that helps!! :happy:
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    If you want to do a fitness competition, I would recommend getting a trainer and a coach (although the coach can probably wait until you are closer to your goal). There are things they can help you with, targeting certain muscle groups when it gets down to the nitty gritty, posing, etc., that you will have a much more difficult time doing on your own. Good luck!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a fitness competition, I would recommend getting a trainer and a coach (although the coach can probably wait until you are closer to your goal). There are things they can help you with, targeting certain muscle groups when it gets down to the nitty gritty, posing, etc., that you will have a much more difficult time doing on your own. Good luck!

I agree with the above. Its more involved than you think. And I'm not sure when you say fitness pageant if you are really meaning fitness because that requires some sort of strength/tumbling routine.