I need suggestions for Protein Shakes

Options
Hi All,

I am looking for a Protein Shake that is good for weight loss. I have been doing a great job exercising and eating right (down 8 pounds in three weeks) but when I look at my nutritional weekly report I am generally 25g under where I should be on protein. I can attempt to eat more chicken, eggs, edamame, etc. etc. but I know myself and know a shake will be much better. This would be something I would have for breakfast, after a workout, or as a snack, but not a major meal replacement.

I am looking for something that is

a) Low in calories/fat
b) Does not have the texture of saw dust
c) Won't break the bank

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet but Walmart has 2lb tub of whey for just under $15. 140 cal, 26g protein. I'm going to pick some up on my next trip to try it out.
  • japerkat
    Options
    Did I understand correctly that you're only down 25g for the entire week? That's not bad at all. You might not need a supplement. Maybe just some egg whites a couple days a week?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition, Pro Performance or Premier Nutrition. They are probably not the cheapest but as in everything else with life, you get what you pay for. Want cheap then expect nasty and low quality ingredients. Want quality and high quality? Then you have to pay a little more. You can't have it cheaper, better and faster. :-)
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Second Optimum Nutrition, I think it's unquestionably the best. I get the natural version.
  • psuskifan
    psuskifan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Did I understand correctly that you're only down 25g for the entire week? That's not bad at all. You might not need a supplement. Maybe just some egg whites a couple days a week?

Thanks All! I am more like 25g down a day, on average.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fruitein is super yummy. It's also gluten and dairy free, which is something I want to reach toward in my diet in general. I got a big can of it at GNC for less than $20. I also like PB2, which is powdered peanut butter without the fat.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    My fave has been cytosport from Costco... 27g protein, 140 cals... very tasty (around $50)

The one from Walmart isn't as good, but it sure is cheap... 26 g protein, 140 cals (around $15)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I use pure whey ($20 @ Target) chocolate flavor. It is 140 cal I think and 25g of protein. I add a scoop to almond milk, or you can use any type of milk, and mix it for a choc milk type of drink. Lately I've been making protein shakes with almond milk, choc whey protein, peanut butter and a banana.