How many MFP friends??

Options

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    imo (and just IMO) I think anyone who has over 150 is really not being interactive. Thats just me. For me in the 70-75 range is enought to keep me busy and interactive. I prefer not to HIDE anyone. Those of you with over 150-200 I would have to guess you are hiding a ton of ppl.

NOt that there is anything wrong with that, its just not my deal.
    Over 200, don't have any hidden, and try to comment on almost everybody's posts during the day. So hard luck, you guessed wrong.

Right? I have over 300 and I don't hide anybody. Some of my friends are simply inactive...I don't go through and delete inactive people, I figure something came up and they'll be back in their own time. I'm very interactive and comment to lots of people every day, and I appreciate their comments to me as well.

It's a personal choice and everyone has to find their comfort level with MFP friendships. My comfort level may not be yours and vice versa, and that's ok.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    *crop dusts and runs out of the room*

LMAO! Now, THAT's funny!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    not cirticizing, just giving an opinion.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    imo (and just IMO) I think anyone who has over 150 is really not being interactive. Thats just me. For me in the 70-75 range is enought to keep me busy and interactive. I prefer not to HIDE anyone. Those of you with over 150-200 I would have to guess you are hiding a ton of ppl.

Over 200, don't have any hidden, and try to comment on almost everybody's posts during the day. So hard luck, you guessed wrong.

Yea, ths. I don't "hide" anyone. And I usually try to comment on as many people's posts as I can. So :tongue:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

Yea, ths. I don't "hide" anyone. And I usually try to comment on as many people's posts as I can. So :tongue:

How dare you stick your tongue out at me! REPORTED!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure my interactions count. So, I don't pass out "wtg's" like they are candy on Halloween, but when I do have something to say, I mean it.

I only delete people who've disappeared, and that's mainly because I would like to trim the numbers a bit to more manageable levels. But I have people on my FL who have never interacted with me once, in 4 years, and have just kept logging away, so I figure I must be a person who they want to keep on their FL. I don't require that they talk to me or do anything.

I'm just over 200 these days, but my core group of 25-30 favorites are the ones I speak to daily and interact with. That's perfect for me.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Reported for reporting. You leave her alone!
  • pastryari
    Options

YEAH! *hides behind leak*
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Reported for calling me leak.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I only need 1
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" who has over 400. Now does that make sense to anyone????

Some people "gotta catch 'em all!"
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options

Pft, you don't comment on my stuff... :grumble: :grumble:

JUST JOSHIN YA!
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I only need 1

But you have 84....
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my list at around 100 because it's really important for me to be able to comment on everyone's progress etc.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

The correct term is LEAKY...its a name and a description!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have 22 friends. Personally I think that's a lot for me. Half of those people I know in. RL. The other half are either entertaining, encouraging, or just fun to chit chat with. I'm very selective about the requests that I accept and if you haven't settled into one of the above categories in a few weeks you're gonna get deleted.

It's my FL, so I feel like I can do what ever I please with it.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" who has over 400. Now does that make sense to anyone????

Some people "gotta catch 'em all!"

I agree....guess they need it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    211. and every last one of them is sexy.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Sigh... this is my ... achillies heel? Is that a correct term?

I am becoming less concerned about how it looks to others - that is, whether I delete or add or whatever. But I honestly think that 30-50 friends, to actually interact with every day or every other day is a lot. I mean really. I'm not talking about stamping a "wtg" on their diary and that's it. I could do that, but I've been here long enough that seems like a waste of time if that's all it is.

So I am thinking about reducing my list a LOT so that it really is just the people I have the time to interact with on a daily(or just frequent) basis. For the sake of user-friendliness and efficiency with time and the tools on MFP, this choice currently wins over the other one. I'm just not organized enough to have 200+ friends and interact with only 40 of them.
  • pastryari
    Options

The correct term is LEAKY...its a name and a description!

First it's boobie friday then it's gun show friday.
    First it's tmi tuesday, then it's throwback tuesday,

I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH EVERYTHING. :sad: