Ya know, this is the longest I've ever stuck with a "diet".

Options
I was thinking...4 months is probably the longest I've ever dieted in the past (I say diet because that's what it always was back then), and now I'm going on 6 months that I've been here at MFP and still losing. It feels different this time, and I'm enjoying that feeling. For the first time in a long, long time...I can actually see myself being thin at the end of this. I'm making plans for my thin self, and this time there isn't that little voice in the back of my head saying "it's not going to happen". I still get scared that I will lose my way, but there's not that sense of KNOWING I'm going to eventually give up. No matter how much I wanted it in the past, I always truly believed deep down that it couldn't be done...not by me, but it totally CAN be done...by me, by you...by just about anyone with the desire to actually do it.

Who woulda thought food addiction (OBSESSION!) just might be conquerable?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I was thinking...4 months is probably the longest I've ever dieted in the past (I say diet because that's what it always was back then), and now I'm going on 6 months that I've been here at MFP and still losing. It feels different this time, and I'm enjoying that feeling. For the first time in a long, long time...I can actually see myself being thin at the end of this. I'm making plans for my thin self, and this time there isn't that little voice in the back of my head saying "it's not going to happen". I still get scared that I will lose my way, but there's not that sense of KNOWING I'm going to eventually give up. No matter how much I wanted it in the past, I always truly believed deep down that it couldn't be done...not by me, but it totally CAN be done...by me, by you...by just about anyone with the desire to actually do it.

I felt the exact same way Brenda! When I first came to MFP, I figured I'd last MAYBE a month or so, and that I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T lose all the weight that I wanted to. BUT, here it is, a year and a half later, and I'm "pretty much" at my goal weight! :smile:
    All I needed I guess was to see my daily numbers of ALL that I was eating, and work with them through better food choices and exercise. AND of course, I'm not forgetting all the wonderfully supportive members like YOU who have helped keep me on track. (well, MOST of the time anyway! :laugh: )
    You CAN do this, you really CAN, so stick with MFP, and you WILL eventually reach your goal! :smile:
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options

Hey! How did you get inside my head? Very scary! I think the exact same thing .... probably daily. I can't help but be in a good mood when I think of how different this feels. I am so much more confident in my body and what I can do with it and I'm not quite half way to my goal yet.

Keep up the great work! We WILL do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel too, and it's great! I love KNOWING I'm finally doing what it takes to make it to my goal. I always hated that feeling of knowing I'll do good for a while, but also knowing it's just temporary. It's not like that here... here I KNOW I'll make it, and I can't wait until I reach my goal... I can't wait til we all do! And you're right, anyone can do this if they have enough desire to. When it all boils down, all you have to have is the desire to succeed - the rest will take care of itself.