Weight Watchers?

Options
Hi There! :smile:

I am looking for some low "points" meals that my mom and I can cook. We are doing the whole family diet thing, and ages range from 11 to 44. So somethine either low calorie or low point, but something the kids can eat!

Replies

• hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    Hi There! :smile:

I am looking for some low "points" meals that my mom and I can cook. We are doing the whole family diet thing, and ages range from 11 to 44. So somethine either low calorie or low point, but something the kids can eat!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I have every WW cookbook and one is all meals under 5 points....what exactly are you looking for?

zen
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers book I could look. Did you have anything in mind that appeals to you.
  • leelee93
    leelee93 Posts: 22
    Options
    A really good site for points is dotti's weight loss zone dwlz.com she has points for resteraunts and also some recipes. Good luck!
  • hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    :embarassed: Totally forgot about the cookbooks! More or less something kid friendly, pasta and such.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Here is one I would like to try but can't since I cannot eat Barley.

Barley-Chicken Casserole
    Makes 6 Servings

2 tsp vegetable oil
    1 c chopped onion
    4 1/2 oz uncooked pearl barley
    2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
    2 tsp low-sodium chicken bouillon granules
    13 oz cubed cooked chicken breast
    2 c sliced mushroom
    2 oz slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350
    In large ovenproof ductch oven, heat oil; add onions and barley. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequiently, 1-2 minutes, until onion is browned.
    Add bouillon granules, low -sodium bouillon granules and 3 cups water to Dutch oven; stir to combine. Bake 45 minutes; remove from oven.
    Add chicken, mushrooms and half of the almonds to chicken mixture; stir to combine. Bake 30 minutes.
    To serve sprinkle remaining almonds over chicken mixture.

Each Serving Provides
    1 Fat, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Proteins, 1 Bread, 5 Optional Calories.
    Per Serving 272 Calories, 25 g Protein, 9 g Fat, 23 g Carbohydrate, 424 mg Sodium, 52mg Cholesterol, 4 g Dietary Fiber

I sort of think you could do this in a crockpot. Maybe?
  • paulam
    paulam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here's an awesome low point breakfast.

2/3 cup shredded hash brown potatoe's. ( i buy "simply potato'es, southwest style")
    3 or 4 egg whites
    4 slices of canadian bacon
    2% lowfat shredded chedder cheese

spray pam cooking spray in skillet. cook hashbrown's. move hashbrown's to side of pan and add egg whites. scramble and add diced canadian bacon to the mixture. Stir together and cook maybe a minute. sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!

It's about 5 points I believe.