heart rate monitor-sportline

My step mom sent me a heart rate monitor that she didn't need anymore. all i know is that it is a sportline with a chest strap. i have no idea how to work this thing and it didn't come with an instruction manual. tried to download one online and didn't even help me out.
i was able to program it to my weight and the time, etc. i just have NO idea how to actually count calories with it.
i have no idea what model it is or anything.
if anyone has a sportline i would be VERY grateful if you could help me figure out how to use it.

Replies

• huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    I have a sportline for women and it did take me a little while to get used to it but now I've got it down (at least the basic functions I use). I'm not sure if it'll be the same for your model but here's what I do:

- hold down any one button to turn it on
    - hold down the mode/set button to start inputting date/time as well as your info... when you hold it down it should beep and the seconds should start flashing
    - use the start/stop button as "up" and the lap/reset button as "down" to set the seconds
    - hit the mode/set button to move on to minutes, hours, year, month, day
    - hit the mode/set button to choose 12 or 24 hour time
    - hit the mode/set button to select chime, beep, sex, birth year, height and weight
    - when you get back to the seconds flashing, hold down the mode/set button to set everything you input

To start working out/tracking calories:
    - hit the mode/set button... it should take you to a screen with 6 zeros across the top and LAP 00 in the bottom right corner
    - hold the mode/set button to decide what "zone" you want to track... you can choose health, fat burning, aerobic or you can set your own
    - hit the mode/set button to decide whether you want the monitor to beep when you are above your zone and again when you go below
    - hit the mode/set button to select the upper/lower limits of your zone (these are calculated for you but you can alter them if you want)
    - hit the mode/set button to select your activity level
    - hold the mode/set button to set the data

Then, when you're ready to work out just put on the watch and chest strap then, from the screen with the 6 zeros on it, hit the start/stop button. It will take a few seconds to capture your heart rate and the clock will start running. When you're done (or during your workout) you can check your stats (time spent in, below and above your zone, plus calories and grams fat burned) by clicking through using the lap/reset button.

I hope all of this applies to the model you have!
  • curls22207
    curls22207 Posts: 31 Member
    thank you so much for taking the time to answer this post! you have no idea how helpful you have been! :]
  • huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    No problem! Feel free to friend me and ask if you have questions down the line... I think I still have my manual so I may be able to help.