Snacks/Treats Without Carbs

Options
Anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for treats/snacks that have few if any carbs.

Replies

• elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    String cheese
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    meats, eggs, cheese, many vegetables, salads, there are sugar free chocolates, puddings, nuts
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds
    Pork cracklins
  • JanineFoster
    JanineFoster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • JanineFoster
    Options
    Great Idea - Thanks - Love that String Cheese!
  • JanineFoster
    Options
    Thanks - just started and needed help!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for treats/snacks that have few if any carbs.

Fry up bacon and eat it.
    Eat nuts.
    Eat flaxseed.
    Eat eggs.

I'd say fruits and veggies but those are carbs.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    meats, eggs, cheese, many vegetables, salads, there are sugar free chocolates, puddings, nuts

most sugar-free desserts still have carbs.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

most cheeses have just a few carbs, if any, per ounce.

olives are pretty low in carbs, but kinda on the high side in sodium

dill pickles are pretty low

I went through a phase where I ate summer sausage dipped in melted brie. Fairly low in carbs, but calorie dense.

I know it is bad, but I also keep a stash of Atkins bars and Fiber One bars on hand. I love that the Atkins bars have flavors that taste like treats ( peanut butter and chocolate, chocolate chip cookie dough, etc) and that they have things like the baked squares when you want that cookie type mouth feel.
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was at a friend's house over the weekend and his wife made and cheese/egg dish.

4 cups shredded cheese
    4 eggs scrambled a bit
    jalapenos

pour in an 8 inch round glass pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour. We snacked on that while he was cooking dinner. I have no idea how many servings it was. I was surprised I liked it. It kind of seemed like a treat to me even though it wasn't sweet. I don't follow any kind of diet plan, but I'm pretty sure this was very low carb.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 80
    Options
    check out muffin in a minute. I use a touch of maple syrup because I don't eat sugar substitutes, make it with cocoa and it's really delicious and gives you that mouth-feel of a muffin. It's made with flax seed meal. I top it with cream cheese or almond butter. Really good.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    most sugar-free desserts still have carbs.

Depends how you define it.
    Oh we had a party and someone brought halved jalapenos filled with cream cheese then wrapped in bacon. They were AWESOME.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nuts, veggies, meat, eggs, cheese and air. No fruits if you are looking for low carb. Almost everything sugar free will have carbs.

You could define what you mean by "low" and maybe people can offer more help. If you want to stay under say 10 grams then you could have a handful of berries or Nature Valley makes a PB and Dark Chocolate protein bar with 9 net carbs.
  • tiffany200133805
    Options
    When looking for Sweet:
    1.) Sugar free Jello cup (10 calories and no carbs) and 2 tablespoons of light whipped topping (20 calories and 2 carbs).
    2.) Blue Bunny - Sweet Freedom Fudge Lites No Sugar Added Bars- 1 bar (35 calories, 6 carbs, 3 Fiber)
    3.) Medium Strawberry (4 calories and 1 carb)-just to eat a couple to satisfy your sweet craving. Can add some light whipped topping also.

When looking for Salty:
    1.) Lower Sodium Turkey Bacon (25 calories per slice)

All of these have carbs....but really not that many if you compare to most other snacks and treats.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Often I go with almonds when looking for a low carb snack. 1 oz = 2 g net carbs
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Beef jerky (watch the flavors like teriyaki!)
    Eggplant, kale, or jicama chips (eggplant, I can say is FANTASTIC)
    Muffin in a minute (search it, tons of add ins and possibilities. Sweet or savory. Also adds fiber)
    Oopsie rolls to make sandwhiches ("Bread" made from eggs and cream cheese only)
    Atkins bars (in moderation. Some weird stuff in the ingredients list)
    Whole fat greek yogurt with SF boysenberry preserves (has carbs, but they are balanced with protein and fat. YUMMY!)
    Almonds are pretty low carb and have fiber, fat, and protein. I like Habanero BBQ flavor which has 2 net carbs in 1oz
    Boiled eggs
    Lettuce wraps w/any cheese/deli meat/bacon/veggie

Not a snack, but the low carb guacamole bacon $6 burger from Carl's Jrs is FANTASTIC. Ask for no sauce and it is a tasty, filling meal for ~600 cals if I remember right
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Castle Wood baby Swiss cheese: 70 cals per slice, 0 carbs, 5g protein, 5g fat, 35mg sodium.
  • JanineFoster
    Options
    I am a carbo craver. I could easily eat all my carbs at breakfast. Learning to reduce them and spread them out over the day is the challenge here. Any tips from fello carbo cravers is greatly appreciated.