What keep you going?

Options
2»

Replies

• journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Knowing that if I quit then, then I will quit in a 5k race or motorcyle race (I want to race Eduro ro Motocross)--so I tell myself, "I can beat this."
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do the same thing you do. I just keep telling myself I can do this and then I picture in mind what I want to look/feel like at goal. It works every time!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    What keeps me going is if I can achieve success I might learn to like myself.
    Owww. This makes me sad. :cry:

Learn to like yourself now! Success is more successfull (:huh: ) if you're doing something because you like yourself and are worth it rather than thinking that achieving a goal will make you like yourself. Expecting an accomplishment to improve your self worth brings disappointment with it. I've learned this the hard way. Like yourself where you are at now, and it will be easier to achieve success!!! :flowerforyou:

A brilliant response! :heart:
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The scale! & small clothes
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Because if I don't keep going, I can't get back to my car. ;)
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Reading all of these makes me think of a photo/quote i found recently...

"YOUR FEET HURT, SO WHAT? YOUR LEGS ARENT GOING TO BREAK! YOU'RE TIRED, GOOD! THAT'S THE POINT. YOU CAN BREATH, YOU WILL MAKE IT. STOP OVERREACTING AND PUSH YOURSELF."

Feeling like I just kicked *kitten* with my sweat drenched tee shirt - thats what I've gotten addicted too.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    like many posters before i remember why i started this journey of becoming a healthier happier person. I do want to look better in clothes, i want to feel comfortable in group settings, i want to take care of me to show my family being healthy is a great thing!

I head out to do 60 min of treadmill or stationary bike, now im aiming for 500 cals burn. I also say one song on this level and 2 on the next and so on, and soon im drenched in with sweat, love it!!

So you are not alone when you tell yourself keep going girl you can do it!!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    what keeps you going when you feel like you are going to quit? I'm just curious....

1. Intense fear of personal failure.

2. High expectations of myself to be better and stronger than I was yesterday.