How often to exercise?

Options
So I am starting to exercise more now that I joined 24 hour fitness and my body is pretty swore. Do you recommend I work out every other day so my body can recover. I have yoga Monday and wed and Sunday but want to fit an hour in between days but the day after yoga my legs are screaming at me. Not sure how to do this. Should I push through the pain or rest a day? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not causing damage thinking I'm doing good. Any insight would be most helpful.

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When I first started getting into a routine I worked out every other day but as my body adjusted, I added in more workouts (and a variety of classes) so that I am now doing 5-6 workouts a week. If your legs are killing you, think about doing an upperbody routine on your day after yoga.
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thats a great Idea! I do have spaghetti arms that need to be worked on lol
  • Re101
    Re101 Posts: 6
    Options
    you may also want to try drinking extra water on days you work out too, it really helps your muscles heal. i know when i first started working out i was sore alot and drinking more water helped. also the more variety you have in your work outs the better. Changing it up will help your body to be "well rounded" and it also helps you to burn more calories. the more different routines you do the more i think its good to work out. i know i work out an hour everyday but i switch my focus each day so i dont end up too sore.
    hope that helps :)
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will start doing this!