Time for a "Mommy Makeover"

Options
I am a very normal person...I am not looking to flip my life upside down. Just healthier ways to live it. Adding practical workouts that a normal person actually has the time to maintain. Cooking meals that are healthy that my kids and I are actually going to eat. I WILL NOT over do it..I will just end up burnt out and exhausted..I am a real person with a real job and a real life..No time for working out 4+ hrs a day and eating rice cakes here ;) If you have some great tasty recipes that will help slim my waist or some great practical workout tips! Please shoot me over a message! I will do the same for you :)

Replies

• mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are lol. The easiest and most simple workout I get with my daughter is going for a walk around the block everyday. It is about 3 miles and takes about 45 minutes. She loves to play outside as well, so she and I go out and play in the pool, or chase each other around. Simple things such as playing a 30 minutes game of kickball can burn upwards of 200-300 calories before you know it. As for meals there is a great website called healthyrecipes.com that has tons a great tasting and family oriented recipes. Most of my meals come from there. I usually tweak them to our tastes but they are great. Another thing to keep in mind is your portion sizes...no need to stress them but I leave my measuring cups out on the counter and grab them when I am ready to make my plate. Measuring out proper portion sizes takes a small amount of time and effort but really helps to control over eating problems. Hope that helps. Feel free to friend me!

Liz