What is your best grocery store find recently?

Options
I am one of the strange few who actually loves to go grocery shopping. I tend to buy most of my produce from local Farmer's Markets but a trip to the Grocery store is a very regular activity as well. I love finding new food ideas when I shop. It is like a treasure hunt laced with temptations and obstacles.

I eat rather "clean" and I am also a very price conscious shopper. We are always hearing that the healthy food is so much more expensive than the junk and that is a leading contributor to obesity. I know that you can eat well on a budget. (Trust me...I am a single Mom of 2 teenaged boys!) I think education and learning what to do with foods is a key to healthy eating.

So I was wondering....what has your best grocery store or market find been recently? Mine was Fresh Tilapia at the local Asian Market.I selected the fish I wanted and the fellow working there cleaned it and got it ready for me to bring home and cook. It was only $2.06!! How can you beat that for fresh fish??!! The choices at an Asian market are phenomenal! There are so many things there that I have never seen before that it is great to see all the different varieties if food.

I cooked my Tilapia on the BBQ. I added sea salt, black pepper, garlic, fresh parsley and lemon. Wrapped it in tin foil and put it on the grill. It only took about 8 minutes to cook.

Replies

• ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Good Karma Flax Milk
    -25 Calories
    -1200mg Omega 3
    -30% DV Calcium
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's on sale. Since that sale Haagen Dazs and Ciao Bella were on sale and got more ice cream

20120818_111004.jpg
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    4lbs. of ground beef on sale for $6. I divided it up into 4 and threw it into the freezer. I had protein for 4 meals for $1.50 a meal.