Crossfit...HELP

Options
I've heard lots of great things about crossfit. Where do I get info? How do I start? Anyone have success and want to share? :-)
Thanks MFP's!

Replies

• redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    take out a loan.............

on a different note, I did it for a while and enjoyed it. I just couldn't justify the price. You will def get a workout, but I have noticed the same amount of burn by doing Insanity that I got when doing crossfit.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh...didn't realize there was a price associated with it. Hhmm....insanity you say? I've seen great results with that too!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You can go to Crossfit.com. I used to do it, I wouldn't do it again. The Crossfit gyms do tend to be expensive.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I see alot of people doing insanity or P90X instead of cross fit....I haven't done any of them myself but have had a lot of friends do crossfit or those programs....my word of advise be careful and listen to the "instructor"....just had a friend blow out her shoulder from crossfit during an incorrect movement.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Hope she's ok!

Maybe I'll try insanity.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I see alot of people doing insanity or P90X instead of cross fit....I haven't done any of them myself but have had a lot of friends do crossfit or those programs....my word of advise be careful and listen to the "instructor"....just had a friend blow out her shoulder from crossfit during an incorrect movement.

I had an instructor tell me to push through the pain after I indicated it was the bad kind of pain. I was like no way, not ruining my shoulders for any workout program.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the program you chose...insanity, P90X, or cross fit...just be sure to listen to your body. Obviously all of them will make your muscles sore and thats normal but like an above poster said you will know the "bad kind" of pain. My friend had surgery on her shoulder but is better now.

At least with insanity or P90X if you buy the dvd's you can use and reuse them rather than paying a membership or something like that from a gym!