Need a new me but cant get there

Options
13»

Replies

• girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am Victoria I am 22 I am currently 226. 2years ago I weighed 160 and I honestly do not understand sometimes how the weight crept up.
    Victoria, I was at my heaviest around age 20 (I'm 5' 10" and then I was 209 and afraid of the scale). Today I'm in my 40s, really happy and at 150. Some people say that's thin (HA!) ;)

I lost weight in my early 20s by doing stuff that was distracting, exercising heavily every weekend, and I guess watching what I ate. I just made up my mind to exercise. You can do it too. :) Also, you have a lifetime ahead of you...Think of food this way: There's always tomorrow. You don't have to eat like today is the last day on earth or someone will take it away from you.
    I was and still am somewhat of a compulsive eater or eat when I'm anxious. I don't know your situation, but I do know it sucks to be so young and vibrant and heavy.

make small goals and stick to them. You will get there. :)
  • tbozarth7
    Options
    You can add me to. I totally do what you do, and did that for a good 7 months (and gained BACK 40lbs I had lost last year :grumble: )

This is just my $0.02, but if your anything like me you probably have quite a bit of mental "issues" going on in your head. Self hate talk, telling yourself constantly that you CANT do this, telling yourself you WANT it...and then by the middle of the day something in your life hasn't gone as planned (maybe woke up late, missed your morning work out, work piling up)...and that voice creeps back in, only this time you don't DESERVE it...

I could be way off base...but that is where a lot of my problems come from. I have no idea how to make myself shut up, but I do know that I just have to let those voices get their toe in the door and my whole day will go down the crapper with some binge eating.

OMG! This is so me to a T!!! I am a Virgo as well and I have a ton of the mental "issues" you speak of. My husband got on me just the other night about my self hate. I got so mad at him at first, but I realized I was only angry because he was dead on 100% right! He's lost about 25 pounds with ease recently while I've bobbed up and down with the same 3 pounds. I'm trying really hard not to hate him! Ha! I've read that I should start telling myself in the mirror every day that I love myself and that I deserve to be healthy and happy. I tried it, it was uncomfortable! I'll keep trying though!
  • 33Jones
    33Jones Posts: 12
    Options
    Im 5'3
  • citgo000
    Options
    This is excatly me....... I'd like to help motivate you :):)