DAMN YOU DIET MOUNTAIN DEW! ~ Help!

Options
triinityz
triinityz Posts: 146 Member
So, Diet Mt Dew must have gotten sued or something because their label changed. NOW, it's 10 cals per serving, <1g carbs (ie probably .9)... I'm a low carb veg, 20-25 max a day. I'm also a Diet Mtn Dew junkie. After this new truth in advertising, I have found out that I was consuming probably 15-17 extra carbs a day! NO wonder I'm stuck!!!

So let me ask you... what do you drink that is non-water that keeps you awake during the day? I hate diet colas and I need caffeine... HELP!

Replies

• Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Buy some caffine pills?
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    Jack3d, all the pep youll ever need
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    At the risk of stating the obvious...coffee?
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    normal mountain dew! thats what i drink...I love it :)
  • ecrim
    ecrim Posts: 17
    Options
    I think the strawberry crystal light has caffeine... plus a couple of flavors of Mio have caffeine as well.
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    total zero red bull..
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    nooo :( I love diet mountain dew!
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mio energy works
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    At the risk of stating the obvious...coffee?

Lol!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yea that little squirt of oj they use adds a few calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that tiny difference in carbs/sugar is causing a stall...

But hey, give it up because it's bad for you and see what happens!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Wait... were you drinking 15 sodas a day?

Or did I misread?
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that tiny difference in carbs/sugar is causing a stall...

Also this. I don't think that many carbs/cals will make or break you. I would just start adding in the cals and cut back some
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me, I saw the biggest cans of mountain dew ever at Kroger the other day. They were ridiculously huge. Way bigger than a Monster or Rockstar. And they were only .99. If I didn't have such a stupid caffeine sensitivity, I would have got me a few cans.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So at about 1g carb per can and you're getting 15-17 extra grams a day, is it safe to assume you're drinking 15-17 pops a day? At the risk of stating the ACTUAL obvious, that's a hellacious amount of chemical **** to be pouring into your body. Maybe wean off the caff, get better sleep and your energy from proper nutrition. Then you won't need the caffeine. That does make the most sense, no? Not trying to knock your diet, not having seen it, but you have to agree it makes the most sense to get energy from food and proper rest if possible and not an unnecessary stimulant?
  • megyoder
    Options
    Iced tea has no calories as long as you don't put sugar in it! One of my favorite drinks :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wait... were you drinking 15 sodas a day?

Or did I misread?
    oh lord! I misread. Are you drinking 15 diet Mt. Dews a day?

I'd say there's a whole different set of concerns there. (still none of them related to carbs, as far as I'm concerned)
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    yea I noticed that diet dew cans are "0 cal" and yet a 20 oz bottle of diet dew was "10 cals" or whatever :huh: ...then i got to looking at diet dr pepper and it says 0 on both. I like diet cherry dr pepper best. I also like diet root beer but theyre caffiene free :ohwell: so no help there
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    Jolt, Mixed with Red bull, Mixed with Rockstar, Mixed with Monster, Mixed with cayenne pepper (a lil bit). For a real party, add some Grey Goose, but you might wake up in bed with a clown, and have a tiger in the bathroom!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew is disgusting trash, drink a glass of coconut water and a b12 vitamin.