The Reserves

Options
cloveraz
cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
I have been thinking about joining the Army Reserves for the last year. My husband thinks I am nuts. I know that I still have more weight too loose, along with upping my fitness standards to pass the physical tests. I am 34, but I do have a history of depression, which has been stabilized, with the help of my Doctor. I guess, I am just wondering if the Army Reserves, maybe, even Navy would take me...or am I nuts...

Replies

• FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if they would take you or not. Right now they are majorly downsizing... Not renewing contracts of current soldiers or even taking people from other branches.. I would definitely call your local recruiter and get all the info you need from him.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if they would take you or not. Right now they are majorly downsizing... Not renewing contracts of current soldiers or even taking people from other branches.. I would definitely call your local recruiter and get all the info you need from him.

Thank you....Yeah, I think I might seek out a recruiter....
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    You are not crazy for wanting to do that. but get in line. The military is overbooked right now (it would take you 2 years just to get into the NAVY, but youd be competing against people that are wanting to go in as officers with their education. Just go to a recruitment office, and find out some facts. Just remember that you are going to be down in the dirt with 20 somethings, and have to keep up with them. Wish you the best of luck. I am exempt from joining because of my seizure condition, otherwise I may have signed up.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've been in the Air national guard for 12 yrs and agree w all the above advice . Find a National Guard or Reserve recruiter to answer your questions . I have heard that the army guard will take recruits up to 40 but it will be hard going through boot camp w 18 ur old kids.. Even still if you want it bad enough it can happen . Good luck .

Mark