I feel like such an oddity.

Options
I have a fairly slim face but I'm technically obese. Lolol.

I'm 210. 5'1.

Everyone is always like, you know, for someone your size, you have a really skinny face, blah blah blah (even when I was my heaviest, 245).

Anyone else an oddity or am I forever alone in this world?:laugh:

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs...5 11 man, I was about 250+, now less than 220, my face is getting quite chiseled, but I still have a pretty bad gut. It makes me more determined to stick with my program, until the gut is GONE.
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You are not an oddity. I have seen a lot of people with that or similar things. Me, for instance, since my face, neck and wrists are fairly slim, even though I don't feel like I look like I have a lot of fat on my midsection, my BF% says I am obese. I weigh 202 and I wear 34" pants. I think the whole labeling of overweight, obese, etc is just so much overkill. We all are doing this for health, fitness and how we view ourselves. To slap a label on us of being obese, even after doing so much work, seems to be a demotivator.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is me at 285, which I don't think I look at all, so it's definitely not just you! :-)
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    You are not an oddity. I have seen a lot of people with that or similar things. Me, for instance, since my face, neck and wrists are fairly slim, even though I don't feel like I look like I have a lot of fat on my midsection, my BF% says I am obese. I weigh 202 and I wear 34" pants. I think the whole labeling of overweight, obese, etc is just so much overkill. We all are doing this for health, fitness and how we view ourselves. To slap a label on us of being obese, even after doing so much work, seems to be a demotivator.

I've never seen anyone like me (the skinny face and chunky body). I was just curious.
    But, my doctor says I'm technically obese. I don't like being called that. I'm sure no one does. I'm chubby,haha.
  • Jonahisout
    Options
    people tend to forget that 1 pound of muscle is much slender than 1 pound of fat. because of this, you may bee 215, but a good majority of the weight could be more muscle than fat, resulting in a slimmer look.
    A good measure of such is your activity levels.