If I am lactose, will dairy make me gain weight?

Options
My lactose intolerance came around 5th grade (05-06) and since then, Ive struggled with weight. I could always eat and drink dairy, but I always felt a bit sick so my intolerance was never too severe. In 2010 I lost 15 lbs in 3 months with diet and exercise and I also remember cutting out a lot of dairy. Now i'm on another diet and was thinking if cutting out the dairy helped any? Does anyone know?

Replies

• ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the weight issue, because some people who can't process milk gain weight but other people have other reactions - pain, wheezing, cramps, all kinds of different reactions.

But here's my 2 cents in general (coming from a mom with 1 kid that is severly allergic to all dairy and one that is -depending on the dr - either mildly allergic or highly lactose intolerant) --- DON'T DO DAIRY.

If you were allergic or couldn't handle strawberries or peanuts or whatever, you wouldn't ingest them, so why would you want to put your body through all that for cow's milk or other dairy products?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Switch to almond milk for a month and eat at a regular rate.
    If water weight comes off quickly then your bodies inflammatory response to lactose has been reversed!
    Almond milk is gooooooood!