Fish recipes please!!! Anyone :)

Options
Okay so frankly I'm getting tiered of chicken lol I've cooked it every way possible. Since I plan to keep this up forever I'm stepping out of my boundaries.. I always hated fish eww just the aroma yikes -_- . But recently in the past few years I've grown to absolutely love shrimp clams nd crab leggs.. Hey it's a step up. But I wanna actually eat fish.. Any recipes close to chicken would be awesome I Also love lemon I add it to everything . So I would say Just anything that's absolutely not too fishy lol thank you ❤

Replies

• Jac118
    Jac118 Posts: 34
    Options
    I've been wanting to make this one. I used to never eat fish (only shrimp and calamari) but ever since I went to South and Central America, its all I want!

http://northcarolinacharm.blogspot.com/2012/08/grilled-tilapia-with-avocado-salsa.html
  • Jargarita
    Jargarita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Some tricks I use to lessen the fishiness of some fish are to rub salt or lemon into the raw fish wait a few minutes then wash it under running water.

A mild flavored fish pan fried with a bit of panko, fresh dill, and lemon is always nice imo :)
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You asked my question first!! I'm looking to start eating more fish too but need some ideas :drinker:
  • foryoublue
    Options
    I bake salmon wrapped up in a parchment paper pack, and on top I sprinkle dill, place a small pat of butter and finally a slice of lemon, for each piece of fish. It's SO delish.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is ultra easy: any white skinned boneless fish fillet (I use basa fillets), soaked in a bowl of finely chopped parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest, throw in a pan sprayed with olive oil. Serve with lite tartare sauce and a lemon wedge. So GOOD.

I serve mine with rough-chopped potato wedges, but a salad is probably healthier :p
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm not real big on the fishy taste either, but when the bf and I make Salmon I put the Salmon in tinfoil, the spread teriyaki sauce on it and bake it in the oven on 350 for about 30 min and it is really good! Not fishy at all. Make sure to put the tinfoil wrapped fish in a casserole dish while its cooking or you may have teriyaki sauce all over your oven. I use the East-West Sweet Ginger Teriyaki sauce, it's kinda spendy but there are only 3 or 4 ingredients in it. So, it's not processed and natural and not as much sodium.
  • Jargarita
    Jargarita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki sauce is actually super easy to make if you want to spend less on it! It's just soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. Mirin is sweet rice wine and it adds a fab touch to all sorts of random dishes. For the ginger you could just grate or dice some fresh ginger or use ginger powder. There are organic versions of soy sauce and low sodium types to customize it to your liking.

I really feel like making stir fry now!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love teriyaki sauce ❤ more recipes people lol !! But the ones listed I will try;)
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I cant cook to save my life, but my ex's mom used to... Best trick ever: Soak the fish in milk for a little while before you cook it... Takes out the fishy taste! ;)
  • katiefly86
    Options
    I was never a big fish eater until recently either, but I've always loved shrimp, lol!! About a year ago I tried tilapia; it's a very mild fish, and so good. Then, a few months ago my bf convinced me to try salmon, so I did, and I actually love it. He fries his in a pan w/ a touch of EVOO, and then some creole seasoning on top, but I prefer mine baked w/ the same seasoning. I recommend a site called allrecipes.com they have all different kinds of recipes and they are rated by the customers. I tend not to try anything that doesn't have at least 3.5 stars. Good luck!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

Edit: Just found this recipe, it looks absolutely delish!!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-parmesan-lemon-tilapia/detail.aspx
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    oh my bf will be so happy if I can cook him more seafood!! These receipes will definitely be getting tried out
  • babenes
    babenes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is Filipino Recipe. Soup Based dish. Basically you need 4 Fillets of Fish (Use White Fish that firm). Tomatoes, Green Onions, and Green Peppers like Jalapeno.

1-2 Cup of Water (Bring to boil in stock pot) add in the fish once it comes to boil add in 2 Tomatoes that are Sliced in Quarters. Then Add in 2 Green Onions Cut into Halves, then add 3 Green peppers. Add in Salt and Pepper to Taste. Once Fish is Cook serve with Rice on Side. (If you like sour base soup you can add in some tamarine or vinegar)
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Tilapia - dredge it in chili powder, oregano & salt.

Throw it on the grill.

Don't over cook it, it's OK for fish to still be moist!!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I bake salmon wrapped up in a parchment paper pack, and on top I sprinkle dill, place a small pat of butter and finally a slice of lemon, for each piece of fish. It's SO delish.
    I do pretty much this (in tin foil!) with butter, lemon juice, black pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic chopped up. It's yum! Sometimes I open the foil up towards the end so that the skin on top crisps up a bit.
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A simple sauce for salmon:
    After frying seasoned salmon, add a little butter to the pan. Fry up a clove of chopped garlic and a tablespoon of roughly chopped non-pareil capers in this. Remove the salmon to sit, and add a generous splash of red wine vinegar, and another knob of butter. Once this has picked up all the pan bits, spoon over the fish, and serve ( i had crispy potatoes and roast asparagus)

Baked salmon:
    Season the flesh side of salmon with chinese 5 spice, then turn skin up into a roasting dish, and salt the skin. Add about a cup of stock, chopped garlic, chilli and lime juice to the pan, and put in a pre-heated over for around 20 mins. I like my skin really crispy, so I grilled it at the end. Once the salmon is cooked and the sauce thickened, serve with rice, and beansprouts dressed with sesame oil and the juice from grated ginger. Spoon any remaining sauce over the rice.

Or you can use in red curries / broths.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Here is a paleo recipe for salmon.

Sauce
    2 tbsp of lime juice
    1/4 cup of chopped red onion
    2 tbsp of cilantro
    1 medium nectarine or peach

Mix cilantro, lime juice and onion in bowl. Slice necatrine or peach (genernal 4-5 slices per half). Place nectarine or peach on a 6 oz piece of salmon. Add sauce on top. Cook for 15 minutes at 425°
  • loz4082
    loz4082 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I mix a little honey and soy sauce with some garlic, a green or red chilli finely chopped (or hot chilli powder) and some lemon, spread on top of salmon and baked for about 20 mins in foil. I'm not a fish fan but it's yummy served with new potatoes or sweet potato mash and veg

You can do the same sauce with tuna steaks too