Fighting against the laziness.. :/

Options
Hi there!

My name is Carly, I am 20 years old and from Germany. I want to lose about 28 lbs without a time limit. It would be great if it happened before 2013, though..

Changing my diet wouldn't be much of a problem, even though I love chocolate, candy, cake and everything I shouldn't eat. My real problem is my laziness.
Does anyone have recommendations for workouts without equipment at home? :)

Replies

• Laurelaas
    Laurelaas Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm mostly in the same boat (but have been going to the gym)
    My suggestion find something you want to improve/are passionate about. For me I put together a slack-line and have been doing it in the back yard.
    If not it's simple to stretch and do sit-ups or something in the morning and night. Or walking around during commercial breaks for TV.
  • matthewbice
    Options
    Martial arts, boxing, yoga, aerobics!! I try to work with these. If you can't get ahold of a manual try youtube for basics. Walmart sells dvd's for 10 bux a piece. Also don't feel bad if you can't cut it at first, when I first started my first aerobics dvd i could only handle like 5 minutes...I've built up to about 20 ish though.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hi Carly,

I live in Germany too (and France). Look at programs like Shredding 30 Days which use a minimum of equipement or google "your body is your own gym".

Is thinking of exercise something fun. Ug, right? Well, find something that you like - yoga, running or bicycling or danse or whatever. Set a goal and you'll see it is easier to do it.
    Plus exercise gives you all the extra calories you can eat!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Levels 1,2&3 of Jillian michaels 30 day shred are all on youtube.. its free, only takes 20 minutes.. its one hell of a work out and you dont really need anything (she uses little weights in her routine) I was happy doing it without the weights.. or you could substitute them with water bottle or something.. anyway I found that was a great way to get me into working out..

if you have any trouble finding the movies just let me know
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I've been trying to get into a yoga class, but I'm waiting for a place to get free.
    I'll try some of that youtube videos, maybe it will work up some stamina so I can get into a real class. Right now that would be really embarrassing. ^^''
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to find something easy to start with that fits into your routine. For me I like to walk and its easy to fit in and do anywhere. Since then I have graduated to the 30 day shred - the fact that it is only about 20 minutes makes it doable for me. Good luck!
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi there!

My name is Carly, I am 20 years old and from Germany. I want to lose about 28 lbs without a time limit. It would be great if it happened before 2013, though..

Changing my diet wouldn't be much of a problem, even though I love chocolate, candy, cake and everything I shouldn't eat. My real problem is my laziness.
    Does anyone have recommendations for workouts without equipment at home? :)

My advice for you is to try "Insanity". It does not require any equipment except your own body. All body weight exercises plus plyometrics and stretching exercises. Good if you can follow it religiously, but if not, don't even start, you'll be wasting time because you won't see results. And for the laziness, hmm.. Let the mirror be your motivation, nothing can motivate you better than seeing yourself in the mirror everyday and thinking that you can change the way you look physically if you will just drag your *kitten* out and do your workout.. And also cut out the junk from your diet. I know it's hard but that's the way it works. it's just a matter of sacrifice. You could still eat them though, but only treat them as a "reward" for working hard, say once a week or a month. Again this is just an advice.. You don't need to follow it.. You can still do whatever you want to do. ;)