Pregnant with triplets... gestational diabetic

Options
Hi everyone, I am new to the boards. I have used this site before to monitor weight loss but then I found out I was pregnant. So I left this site behind. My challenge now is not only being pregnant with triplets but having to monitor my food intake and sugar levels. So far it has been really helpful. I think I have lost 10 lbs but I will confirm with the doctor on Thursday. It is easy to keep track and monitor my food since I am home and on bed rest. I must admit I did find it harder to do when I was working. I hope that I can continue when the babies come. I was concerned about losing weight this week but I'm waiting to hear from the doctor to see what she thinks. My goal was to maintain since I am allowed 2400 calories per day. More than anything I am using the site to keep track of the food, calories and sugars I am eating since I have to fax them to the doctor once a week.

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the triplets!!!

Are you still early on? I actually lost a little weight early in my pregnancy due to morning sickness. I didn't have triplets, but twins. Still, I wouldn't think it would be as worrisome to be losing weight until the babies get bigger.

Glad this site is helping you. Congrats and take care! Rest a lot...
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Welcome back! Congratulations -- triplets, wow! It's great how many great functions this site has, isn't it? How many weeks are you? I bet it's quite an experience carrying triplets.

-Alison
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy. I watched my carb intake closely and my blood sugar stayed in the range it was supposed to. My baby was just fine when he was born. They watched his blood sugar closely and it was always fine. Good luck with your pregnancy!!

:flowerforyou:
  • fun4pooh
    Options
    I am 27 weeks. I gained 46 lbs so far... mostly because I have been on bed rest and fast food was what everyone was bringing me. My wonderful husband went out and bought me tons of veggies and healthy foods to help keep me under my sugar levels. Thanks for the well wishes. Looking forward to the little ones but scared at the same time.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I had GD with my last baby, 7 months ago. I gained 40lbs before I knew I had it. I had to go on insulin and a strict diet and didn't gain more than 5 lbs or so the last month or two. I am, however, gaining weight now because I'm back to old habits! So I'm here to try and figure out why I eat the way I do....and try and lose it all again.
    Congrats on the triplets, take good care of you and your body and it will take care of you!
    When is the due date??
    S
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am 27 weeks. I gained 46 lbs so far... mostly because I have been on bed rest and fast food was what everyone was bringing me. My wonderful husband went out and bought me tons of veggies and healthy foods to help keep me under my sugar levels. Thanks for the well wishes. Looking forward to the little ones but scared at the same time.

Wow, you are doing good. And, 46 isn't bad with triplets for being that far along. I gained 40 total with my twins, but my doctor would have liked more.

Good job on the hubby bringing you the healthy stuff. While you def. need to get enough food and nutrients to feed those little ones, the healthier foods will help with the other issues.

Congrats again and you are doing great!!
  • Congratulations! How exciting and scary all at the same time! It sounds like you're on the right track though! :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting - 3 babies!!!! Awww!

Be proud of yourself for monitoring so closely!