'I Can't Do It'

Options
We have all been there, at that 'I can't do it' moment. You know, that moment when your brain decides for you that you aren't (smart, fast, strong, good) enough to do whatever you are getting ready to try. That moment when your brain tells you that you.just.cant.do.it.

This morning I had one of those moments. I saw the description of the last exercise for today on my program. I looked at the picture of the exercise. No way could I do it. I can't do that. Guess what? I did it. I don't know how, because still when I look at that picture I can't see myself able to do it. I don't see myself as strong enough or having good enough balance to do it.

What have you overcome? How did you beat your 'I can't do it' moment?

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've done this http://www.hikingupward.com/snp/oldrag/

The first time it took fourteen hours... The second time (several months and many gym hours later) took seven hours fifteen minutes...

The first time I thought I was dying and laid in bed for two days because I couldn't move... The second time we started planning the third time in the car on the way home...

I'm actually looking forward to doing it again (this is actually what I'm most proud of... There was a lot of fear involved in that climb... And I overcame it and told that mountain where to go... And I'm so totally not afraid of it anymore)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Incredible!

thanks!