Find Your Name Twin! (First Name Only)

Options

Replies

• LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    today is Happy HUMP-A-LAURA-Day! come and get it.....

(silvergurl518)

I am a Laura too, although I have never heard of HUMP-A-LAURA-Day! LOL

Page 1!!! There may be more of us.

I was named after a girl my father had a crush on... NICE! :noway: So...growing up, my family called me Laurie. :tongue:

Growing up I never heard the end of Laura Ingles Wilder.

Behind the name: Feminine form of the Late Latin name Laurus, which meant "laurel". Laura has been used since the 13th century. Love google!

and "laurel" means VICTORY!

and ps: just like the lauren hates being called "laura," this laura hates being called "lauren"! so there :)

Your PS: Is a VICTORY as well! Laura's are awesome, it should be considered a compliment ladies! :drinker:

We are all included as there are 59 variants of our name! Oh the things you can learn on the internet!

eta: I have never been called Lauren...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Kristin. Tin, not Ten. :) Anyone??

my sister is and everyone is constantly spelling her name wrong. She's on here, but hasn't logged on in a while.
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    My name is Dean and my friends call me Dino...when I make wine...it is Dinovino
  • IrishSin
    IrishSin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is Cynthia, not to common in the area that I live. It means moon goddess its also Hercules mother in Greek Mythology. I was named after my Grandmother.

My mom name is Cynthia which is common where I'm from. My name is common/uncommon, Tamisha (Ta-me-sha) or Mesha for short, I don't know why my Dad didn't spell it with an "e". Although growing up I went to school with two girls who spelled theirs Tamesha.

Guess I was the outcast ;-)

YAY! I have a twin! lol. Your mom has a great name ;-) People always spell my name wrong! I think you have a very pretty name and the different spelling just makes it unique :)! I do hate when people call me Cindy though! My mom hated it so much that she started calling me Cyn for short and later my friends started spelling it Sin and its kinda stuck with me. Much better than being called Cindy in my book! So far 16 pages and only your Mom has my name!!
  • PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    <
    Anna
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I bet I have a thousand name twins...STEPHANIE... Oh and middle name MICHELLE... lol yup, doesn't get more common that that!!!!!

I'm a Stephanie too!! :wink:
  • xzotikmama
    xzotikmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone know another Ronan?

All 4 of my boys have the initials RAS, but Ronan is the only one with a unique name. Haven't come across anyone else yet.

AWWW!! My son's name is Roman, but he can say Roman he says "Ronan"...too cute!
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    Heather

Me too! Hello name twin!
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm Misty --not Missy, lol. I can't tell you how many times I am called Missy instead of Misty. It drives me crazy. Nothing wrong with Missy, it's just NOT my name! One time my uncle, who's been drunk most of his life, gave my grandmother a quilt with all the grandkids names sewn on it and, of course, he put Missy!
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    RIght here girl...

how do you pronounce it? like tear-uh (tear a piece of paper) or tar-ah (tar, like the black stuff)

i'm tear-uh
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    my name is Cassandra.

It means "prophetess" and "allurer of men" hehe.
    :) x
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    triplets!
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im Kara with a K!!
    Find me oh name twin!

My daughter's name is Kara with a K. After she was already named and the birth certificate form was filled out, my husband said," I wanted it to be spelled with a C." Oh well, he was too late, and I like it with a K better!
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I must have overlooked my name....It is Kesha. I know at least 4 who spell it like that....but 2 of them are LaKesha...I know of about 10 others with varying spellings....(Keisha, Keshia, Kisha, Kecia and even a Keishia and a Keesha) a lot of them have La as well or Ra or Ma or Na or some sort of prefix. I even know a Marquisia I am simply Kesha

Keesh!! where you at? lol (that is my nickname that I refer to other Keshas as well lol)
  • PinkPaintedLady
    PinkPaintedLady Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My name is Vanessa...in the tiny state of Rhode Island it's not a super common name...but i'm betting someone on here will have it.

my username is actually the meaning of my actual name...as Vanessa is greek for butterfly, and the specific spelling of my name is linked to the "painted lady" butterfly.
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My name is Renata, because my father wanted all his children to have R in the name, lol. My Mum wanted me to be Natalie, but never happened. I used to hate the name, but now, I could care less ;) And I'm pretty sure I won't find a twin here :)

Btw. I love all your names the typical and the rare ones!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    <
    Tara

Are there any Tara's out there??

Sheesh! It took me 12 pages to find you!! Hello Tara! my name's Tara! :flowerforyou:

Yay!! Sooo happy I have a twin!! :)
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm Kate and there are probably a ton of Kate's out there. BUT...That's not my birth name cuz I was adopted by my step-dad and had my name changed. My real name is Merry cuz I was born two days after Christmas. I was almost named Holly cuz my nose was red like a Holly berry! lol Any Mary's out there that are spelled like mine?
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Any one named Debra????
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Moises here