Wii Fit, Fit Plus, etc for December

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Welcome,

This thread is for anyone who has a Wii and uses it for any or all of their exercise routine. We each set our own exercise goals and check in once week to see how we are doing on meeting those goals.

Check -in will be on Mondays.

Wii-Fit goal - I am changing my exercise goals from 30 minutes 4-5 times a week to 45 minutes 4 times a week. From 12/24 through 12/27 I am going to do 60 minutes each day. Two days a week will include yoga and/or strength training.

JAM

Replies

• FlowerTaming
    FlowerTaming Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use my wii fit :)

My goal is to do at least 30 minutes per day. I'm doing it in small doses, I've noticed I've got issues meeting large goals like losses of 20lb(it's a lot for me because I'm not looking to lose that much) but aiming for about 3lb every 2 months so I know I'll definately make it feels better than putting myself into something I'll get annoyed at when I don't reach my goal quick enough.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm trying not to focus on my weight so much as my measurements. I know where my problem areas are (Hello New-Mom Belly!) and so I think I will focus on that.

Goals are:
    - Do my routine 4 days a week (already off to a great start as I did it yesterday and today)
    - 30 Wii minutes of aerobics a day

I seem to find getting on the Wii easier with a newborn. I just do my workout after her first bottle of the day and I'm usually finished by the time my two year old is up.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I use my Wii as my primary exercise program, rotating between Wii Fit Plus and Wii Biggest Loser. I also have Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010, but it's still a little too intense for me, so I'm holding off on getting into that seriously until I am stronger.

My goal for my Wii is to meet my calorie goal (255 cals burned) on Wii Fit Plus every day, and get back to doing Wii Biggest Loser & not wimping out.

Today my little computer dude turned bronze. I hit 10 hours of working out. Kinda neat :)
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I am in. I just ordered on line a Wii Fit Plus. Hooked it up in the new exercise room- and will check it out this weekend. I need to learn how to use it. Any suggestions?
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome!

Ell- When I first started I was so out of shape, I could only 10-15 minutes at a time, so every little bit will help you. Your goals sound very reasonable. I agree on the slow lose goals.

Klouttit- I did the 30 minutes a day for a long time and lost several inches all over. In my case, the Wii works good with teenagers. I can do it while they are doing their homework and chores. Lol Gratz on the new baby!

Trish- Gratz on the 10 hours! Where is the calorie goal coming from? Is that one of the improvements with the Fit Plus?

Boston- I’d think the Wii’s in general are basically the same. You open up new exercises as you get more time in. There are free runs and steps you can do while you watch TV which is what I do a lot of. Also, there are accessories you can buy to increase the height to get a better workout.

Have a great weekend all!

JAM
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    It must be a bonus of Fit Plus. I went to the locker room, clicked the icon with the plate & utensils, and set my calorie goal to 255.

I just took my measurements, and there's some GINORMOUS difference! I've been using my Wii as my primary workout program for 1/2 a month, and here's the hefty results.

Measurements October 18, 2009:
    Neck- 15 in
    Waist- 50 in
    Hips- 49 in

Measurements December 1, 2009:
    Neck- 15 in
    Waist- 43 in
    Hips- 45 in

HOLY WEIGHT LOSS, BATMAN!
    7 inches off my waist (I thought I noticed a difference!), and 4 inches off my hips. BOO-YAH!

Gosh, I friggin love my Wii!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Trish, Our starting point is very similar. I walk 5 miles every day and watch my calories but the Wii Fit Plus freestep is my all-time backup for when weather is bad. I did add an aftermarket riser for it to boost the burn. When I get on the Wii, I do 2 sets of 30 minutes right together and after the hour is up, I always re-weigh myself. I am always down another .7 to 1 pound. I know it is water weight with all the sweating, but it sure motivates me to keep on it the whole time. :)

My goals are 60-75 minutes 6 days a week:
    5 more pounds by Christmas
    Not to gain more than 4 of those back on vacation the week after.
    25 more pounds by April 11 (my B-day)
    100 total weight loss by my cruise in August 2010!!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Trish,

That is awsome about your measurements.

JAM
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am getting a wii fit plus for Christmas, :happy: can't wait. So, even though I'm not on board yet, I'd like to check in & keep up with things here. (cause I'm sure as a newbie I'll have questions once I start):smile:

I admit I do other exercising (water areobics and weight, strength training) but it is very important to mix it up.
    One of the things I'm not doing enough of is stretching, so I'm hoping to augment my workouts with the wii.
    And winter brings some ugly roads. I'd be glad to have back up plans to exercise at home if I can't get out to my regular class.

Trish, your measurement loss is awesome, congratulations. That is definitely the direction I want to be moving in-
    - katie
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    My goal is to check this out this weekend. I currently work out with a person trainer 3 days per week- but have been STUCK at the same weight for 2 months- so I need to Shake THings UP
  • FlowerTaming
    Options
    So far I've been wiiing for 4 days. As long as I burn about 150 calories per day, I'm fine with that, it takes a lot of effort not to get bored just playing wii fit and trying to burn those calories, so i also do my daily exercise challenge on EA sports active.

I didn't know you could set a goal on wii fit plus itself, I'll have to have a look tomorrow, I've done my workout today :)
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    ell, you go to the locker room place, and on the left hand side there are some green icons. At the top is an icon with a plate, fork, and knife. Click it, it should bring up a screen with a button that says something about calorie goal. Click that, and then select your daily goal.
    If you do a routine with Wii Fit Plus through the locker room, you'll burn up to 150 calories, then do expert boxing for another 90 calories, and rhythm step to round out at 250 calories. It takes less than an hour.
    On a good day, I will do the expert boxing 3 or 4 times, rhythm step at least once, rhythm kung fu, and rhythm parade. That's about 340 cals. Pretty good little workout, I think! I do that & Wii Biggest Loser, and bust through 400-500 calories total between the 2 games in the time it takes my daughter to nap.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Katie- Welcome and yes, please do check in with us. I hope you get the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas too. I also try to mix it up when I can and started swimming once a week at a public pool.

I keep from getting too bored by watching TV while I step or I put music on and step/dance to the music!

We are having a wonderful snow storm. The schools let out early and are already planning a delay for tomorrow. The kids and teacher hubby are praying for a snow day! I will have to go to work unless the roads are closed, but luckily I can go late and leave early.

Have a nice and warm evening!

JAM
  • FlowerTaming
    Options
    So far I've been wii fitting and ea sports activing for a week and I've lost................

A grand total of 2lb. And 1 inch off my waist. (I know I should measure thighs, neck etc, but it's only my waistline that concerns me)
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    way to go! 2 lbs is a very good, stable number for 1 week!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Looks like this forum is falling a part for December. :ohwell:

Maybe we can all get back on track for January.

I haven't been making my new goals at all. I had changed to 45 minutes a day and I've only been able to fit in the standard 30 minutes free step. After tonight (office party which I am one of 3 planning) I hope it will calm down a little.

I did hit a new low weight of 155.2. It's due to not having time to eat and not eating like I use to. I hope to make it a permanent new weight and not just a downward bump.

Hope all is well with all of you,

JAM
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Yeah, you guys are quiet. I'm not having much trouble getting my Wii workout in every day, but I find myself wanting to play Wii sports instead. That's me being lazy.
    Today I have a workout with Wii Biggest Loser scheduled, and will log some quality time with Wii Fit +.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble with their tickers???
  • jam0525
    Options
    Beth,

I can't see your ticker, but I can see others. I think I read somewhere that java needs to be updated. I know I just updated my java script from an automatic update. If that doesn't work, search on ticker problems and you should be able to find the other treads.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Christmas /Holiday challenge -

Any one up for a challenge?

How about 30 minutes every day from December 20th through January 2nd? Any excercise will do, not just Wii.

JAM